The SDM software may not autodetect the correct COM port of the PowerLinc 2414S. To verify or change the COM port that SDM uses to communicate on follow these steps:
On the Windows-based PC running SDM:
- Open the Windows Registry Editor.
- Navigate to: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Smarthome\SmarthomeDeviceManager
- Locate the key titled: "port"
- Change the Port number to the following:
- For the 2414U enter "USB4"
- For the 2414S enter "COM1" to "COM255" Enter the COM number the PowerLinc 2414S is connected to.
If the SDM software is having trouble finding the PLC after changing the port, right-click on the SDM icon (it looks like a "T") in the Windows Task bar area (lower right corner) and select "Find PLC."