Venstar integrated thermostat won't work with Mobilinc

Submit feedback, comments, and support help here.

Venstar integrated thermostat won't work with Mobilinc

Postby realitydesign » Fri Sep 09, 2011 6:15 pm

I'm using Mobilinc HD 1.02 for iPad. I just bought / downloaded it 3 days ago.

I can connect to the thermostat and see the status. All of the information displayed is correct (temperature, mode, cool set point, etc.). However, if I try to change any of the settings, it will change on the screen for a split second, then once it's refreshes the status it just goes back to whatever it was before. In other words, Mobilinc won't actually change anything on my thermostat.

If just open safari on my iPad and go to the smartlinc web address, I can change the temperature of the thermostat and everything just fine.
realitydesign

Re: Venstar integrated thermostat won't work with Mobilinc

Postby AdminWes » Fri Sep 09, 2011 10:29 pm

Hi RealityDesign,

If the SmartLinc web interface works, than MobiLinc should work as well. The commands to the thermostat are the same. Is the behavior you see repeatable? When you tell the thermostat to change temp or mode does the thermostat actually physically respond? I am not aware of any interface differences between the built in adapter and the plug adapter.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby realitydesign » Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:34 pm

The thermostat instantly responds to the web interface (and then about 5 seconds later the status shows up and is correct), where as mobilinc never makes it to the thermostat. The number changes in mobilinc for a split second, the thermostat never responds, and then it gets the status (which is unchanged) so then the number flips back to what it was before you pressed the up or down arrow.

I can repeat this all day long. It happens every time I try to use the thermostat with mobilinc.
realitydesign

Postby realitydesign » Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:35 pm

Also, for what it's worth, I've tried it from 2 different ipads. No luck.
realitydesign

Postby AdminWes » Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:31 am

Hi RealityDesign,

I am unable to reproduce the issue in my test setup. Some background, on startup (either a cold start or a resume from background) MobiLinc will queue up all the devices, scenes, and thermostats to gather status. It's possible that what you are seeing is if there is an attempt to change the thermostat setpoint right when MobiLinc is gather the thermostat status, there could be a switch back to the old value like you are seeing. However, it appears like as you report it this is very consistent.

Let's attempt to diagnose what is happening in your setup to cause this:
1. Force close MobiLinc by double-tapping the home button, press and holding MobiLinc till it shakes, and tapping the minus sign to force close it.
2. Launch MobiLinc and go to My Thermostats.
3. Please wait here until the network spinning indicator has stopped indicating that MobiLinc has finished gathering status on all your devices.
4. Did MobiLinc report any device errors? If so, please remove these devices from MobiLinc by go to My Devices and performing a left to right finger swipe over the device to delete it.
5. Repeat steps 1-4 until you can get through a complete round of gathering status on startup without errors.
6. After allowing MobiLinc to gather status (the network spinning indicator has stopped), Go to My Thermostats and tap the Up Arrow to increase the temp by one degree.
7. Wait and watch MobiLinc show the thermostat spinning indicator that it's writing the temp setpoint to the thermostat.
8. Observe the setpoint change in MobiLinc. Look at your real thermostat to see if the setpoint made it to the thermostat.

By performing these steps what happens in your setup?

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby csideChris » Mon Sep 19, 2011 6:26 pm

I am having trouble getting mobiinc pro to work with venstar integrated t stat .
Using isy99 version 2.8.16 ,
mobilinc pro version 3.03.00
venstar 2491t1e

Tstat works ok using computer access to isy admin , though device is listed as unsupported 5.14 .

Mobilinc is not seeing a tstat but a light device .

i have installed 3 venstat tstats for one customer , they are using an ipad , same problem .

I have one set up at my house for troubleshooting , i am using an iphone to control stat .
Any ideas how to get the tstat page to display and then control the tstat . Thanks for any help .

ck
csideChris

Postby AdminWes » Tue Sep 20, 2011 7:35 am

Hi ck,

They reason is that MobiLinc is being told by the ISY (under this firmware version) that this thermostat is a light. There are two ways to fix this.

1. Under this firmware version remove your thermostat. Add it back in as an INSTEON Thermostat Adapter. Resync MobiLinc (Download All) to get the thermostat to appear as a thermostat.
2. Upgrade your ISY to the latest beta firmware 3.1.7. Remove and add your thermostat back to your ISY and this time pick the integrated Venstar option for device type. Resync MobiLinc (Download All) to get the thermostat to appear as a thermostat.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Return to MobiLinc Feedback and Comments