Having trouble setting up 2412N

Submit feedback, comments, and support help here.

Having trouble setting up 2412N

Postby ctcranberrytwp » Tue Oct 11, 2011 6:02 pm

Hello

I have used Insteon 2412N for several years without any problems. Recently, I upgraded to V2 for Sunset/Sunrise features, Status and using Mobilinc. I swapped unit and had everything running fine through Web. After loading Mobilinc I would only visibly see one devise and one scene. Left to right swap would show the remaining. Also, would get the continuous status search with and occasional devise communication error. Spent several weeks trying to move 2412N, remove devices and unplugging possible electrical devices.

The last thing I tried was…
• Factory reset 2412N
• Delete Mobilinc from iPhone
• Setup one devise - OutletLinc (Dual-Band)
• Plugged 2412N into OutletLinc
• Tested through Web that OutletLinc still control lamp
• Verified correct device code is in “Status Device ID” and Report Status is checked

Basically, I want the 2412N to find the unit that it is plugged into.
Same problem occurs “Device Communication Error”…please verify the devise.
Am I doing something wrong? Is my 2412N defective? I would think I have eliminated line noise. Since it works through the Web can I still trouble shot through Smarthome?

Thank you

Looks like a great product. Using lite to test out but will get Pro
ctcranberrytwp

Re: Having trouble setting up 2412N

Postby AdminWes » Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:57 am

Hi ctcranberrytwp,

There could be a couple of different issues here. MobiLinc Lite has not been updated for quite some time. We are just about ready to release an update to pull the Lite version in alignment with the current Pro code base line.

The older Lite version may be having an issue with your newer SmartLinc as well. When you follow these instructions here: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=229 which SmartLinc version do you have? I would not expect the Lite version to play well with the SmartLinc Firmware Version 3.1 Build Sep 16 2010, Version: iPhone 2.1.

We are targeting getting the Lite version updated and released to Apple in the next week.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby ctcranberrytwp » Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:38 am

Thank you Wes...especially for the quick reply.

Yes, I do have the SmartLinc Firmware Version 3.1 Build Sep 16 2010, Version: iPhone 2.1 which you didn't expect to play well. I am leaning towards getting the Pro sooner rather than waiting. Do you suspect my issue will go away with the Pro version or is better to wait the week to be sure? It seems in your info you suggest to start with the Lite version in order to test. I do have IP Cameras...will they only be supported in the Pro version in the future?
ctcranberrytwp

Postby AdminWes » Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:04 pm

I can't say for sure that your issue is fixed in Pro. I do know that there are no known issues with that firmware of SmartLinc and the Pro version.

IP cameras will be supported in Pro. We have not decided yet if we'll bring IP cameras to the lite version.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby ctcranberrytwp » Thu Oct 13, 2011 7:40 am

For those following...Wes indentifed a problem with my new Smartlinc 2412N in which it doesn't report Status. I will work with Smarthome to get a replacement. Pro version looks great and can't wait to get it integrated.

Great customer support!!!!!!
ctcranberrytwp

Return to MobiLinc Feedback and Comments