Like it overall

Submit feedback, comments, and support help here.

Like it overall

Postby nathanstl » Thu Jun 10, 2010 2:03 pm

I'm using the mobilinc pro app with smartlinc 3.0 or the latest version(not near it now) Only issue I've had is a little sketchy performance when accessing remotely. It does work though 90% of the time. So that's good. Also I have no idea how to add devices to the my devices screen. My dual band lamplincs show up in there, but none of my switchlincs are there nor my tstat. The switchlincs are controllable through the app and so is the tstat, but they do not show in my devices. I've tried re syncing with the smartlinc and adding them manually by address by tapping the + icon at the top right of the my devices screen. It doesn't do anything when I'm complete. The reason I want them on my devices is I love the sliding bar that allows you to jump straight to a certain percentage of dim.
nathanstl

Re: Like it overall

Postby AdminWes » Fri Jun 11, 2010 5:52 am

Hi nathanstl,

With remote access and the SmartLinc there is a balance between speed and reliability. I know of the reliability issues over a remote connection and I'm looking into what I can do to improve that.

As for adding devices, here's how that works:

When you sync with your SmartLinc, MobiLinc will download all the devices that the SmartLinc knows about (the ones used in the SmartLinc scenes). Under My Devices you can edit each device and rename it to something meaningful to you.

To add a new device including IOLinc, EZFlora, or Thermostats, tap My Devices, tap the "+" icon in the top right and enter in all the data. Make sure the Insteon address is correct, you have a friendly name entered, and that the correct Insteon type is selected from the scroll wheel. In the case of your dual-band lamplincs, choose the LampLinc type or LampLinc Dimmer type. Lastly, tap the "Save" button.

All devices will appear under My Devices with the exception of thermostats. Go back to the home page and tap My Thermostats. All of your thermostats will appear here.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby nathanstl » Fri Jun 11, 2010 2:19 pm

Thanks. That makes sense now. I'll just have to add more scenes to my smartlinc and then sync. I've tried figuring out the remote connection issues and it seems that my main issue comes from the device updating status. For example: When I'm on the thermostat page and manually changing the set temp with the plus and minus icons, it does actually receive the signal each time and change the thermostat, but it doesn't update the screen on mobilinc. The best way to update it is to quit the app and restart it, then go back to the thermostat page. Then it shows the new updated set temp. It seems to work for the first few seconds the thermostat page is open(the updating), but then stops updating. Hopefully this will help you debug it. BTW I was right in front of my t-stat when I tested this connecting via external 3G. I'll check tonight if it continues updating when connected through wifi external and local.

Is there a way you can make the app handle the direct input of a temperature? Like have a drop down menu so you can go straight to 78 from 72. Rather than having to push the + icon 6 times. There must be a command that will tell the t-stat the exact temperature to go to because I can setup a motion sensor to drop cooling set point to 73 whenever someone is in the house. When it detects motion it goes straight to 73 from my away setting of 77. This might help it have less updating and less lost updates. Thanks and keep up the good work.
nathanstl

Postby AdminWes » Fri Jun 11, 2010 2:48 pm

Thanks for the detailed description. What happens under the hood when you change a thermostat setting is MobiLinc will go back out to the thermostat and pull in the latest info. The way the Insteon protocol is setup this requires multiple commands to achieve. Over a 3G connection this can seem like it takes a long time (or even unresponsive if the user isn't patient enough). I've been kicking around the idea of a set direct temp value in the thermostat control screen like you suggested but haven't tackled that yet since it would more than likely require a redesign on the thermostat page.

I've added your request to my feature request list and will definitely consider it for a future release. I can see the benefit to having this level of control.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby geterry » Fri Jun 25, 2010 2:51 pm

I just purchased Mobilinc Pro and installed it on a iPad and iPhone. I have spent the last couple of hours configuring my devices. The iPad works as intended, however the iPhone needs to be reset most of the time to get the program to work. Most of the time when launched on the iPhone it gets to the splash screen and freezes on Loading Profile: Default. If I quit the program then back on again it freezes with no Loading Profile and freezes, then after 20 seconds it quits. When this happens I have to do a iPhone reset. I have entered names for 13 devices, and I a little reluctant to reinstall, but I guess I have no other choice.

My other question is in iTunes on the first line it states "Imagine touching a single button to turn on all the lights in a dark house before arriving or turn off all of the lights in one easy step on your way to bed." How do you set up the single button? Besides these problems the program has great promise. Also it would be nice to be able to sync between an iPhone and iPad.

Glen Terry
geterry

Postby AdminWes » Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:25 pm

Hi Glen,

Are you by chance using the new ios4 on your iPhone? If you are then that's the problem with MobiLinc starting. This is a known bug found with the release of ios4 this week. I have a fix and am testing it with the goal to release to Apple this weekend.

The single tap to turn/off lights can be accomplished through a scene setup on your SmartLinc device. Once the scene is created and downloaded to MobiLinc, set that scene as a favorite so when launching MobiLinc, if you have My Favorites set as the default start page, you have access to your all on/off scene with one tap.

As for syncing between the two devices, this is a feature request I am work on.

Let me know if you have any other questions,

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Return to MobiLinc Feedback and Comments