HP Printers crash

Submit feedback, comments, and support help here.

HP Printers crash

Postby DaveC » Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:30 pm

My MobiLinc works great with a SmartLinc 2412N but every time I click on the Devices button, both of my HP printers on my wireless network immediately crash and need to be power cycled. The Insteon commands still go through fine. The printers crash even if my SmartLinc is unplugged from power and I just try to use MobiLinc. Any ideas? Thanks, Dave
DaveC

Re: HP Printers crash

Postby AdminWes » Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:58 am

Hi Dave,

I had a similar report with a differnet printer maker a while ago. I was working with that person over on the Universal Devices forum to come to a reason for the printer reboot. What we could tell is that it was releated to a UPnP ping MobiLinc sends out on startup to find if there are any ISY devices on the network it can connect to.

Just to verify that you are seeing the same issue, please start MobiLinc and let it sit for 10 seconds. Approx how many seconds in before the printers crash? I don't think it's releated to the My Devices, rather just the startup UPnP ping, certain printers need to be rebooted.

What printer models do you have that are affected? I'll see what research I can do on my end to see if there is a way to work around this.

Thanks,
Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby DaveC » Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:14 am

You are correct Wes, the printers are crashing as soon as the MobiLinc app is started. The crash occurs very fast after about 1 second when the MobiLinc app starts. I tried changing the TCP port (7864) that the SmartLinc used and also tried with the printers hardwired instead of WiFi but neither of these helped.

The two printers are:
HP Photosmart C7280 (1 year old)
HP Photosmart 3310 (3 years old)

Router Used: Netgear WNDR3300 RangeMax

Thanks for your help! Dave
DaveC

Postby AdminWes » Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:06 pm

Thanks Dave, sounds like the same issue. I'll see what I can come up with and keep this forum updated.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby AdminWes » Tue Jul 20, 2010 6:36 am

Hi Dave,

Apple approved version 2.15.00 last night. With this version I slightly changed the UDP UPnP search network code that occurs at the beginning of launching MobiLinc. Once you update to 2.15.00 can you check your network printers to see if the changes affect them any differently from 2.14.00?

Thanks,
Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Return to MobiLinc Feedback and Comments