Thermostat will display, but not respond - Mobilinc Pro

Submit feedback, comments, and support help here.

Thermostat will display, but not respond - Mobilinc Pro

Postby jayagee » Thu May 17, 2012 7:07 pm

Hello,

I am using Insteon Smartlink with the Venstar programable thermostat and that is all I have. It is set up properly as I can access and change it via my browser, either at home or via the ip address remotely. (i have have forwarded the proper port for remote access)

I just downloaded Mobilinc Pro (20.00 iPhone version) to control my thermostat and after adding the device with the insteon id, I can see the thermostat but when I change it, it just changes back and does not actuallly do anything at the thermostat...

Since that is the entire reason I bought the app, is there something I can do to get it going?

Thanks so much.

Jay
jayagee

Re: Thermostat will display, but not respond - Mobilinc Pro

Postby AdminWes » Thu May 17, 2012 7:28 pm

Hi Jay,

When MobiLinc starts up it will gather status on your thermostat. Please wait until your thermostat status has refreshed prior to issuing a set point change.

If you wait, are you able to then issue thermostat changes ok?

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby jayagee » Fri May 18, 2012 6:52 pm

Hi Wes,

No, all the waiting in the world will not help. It is able to aquire the thermostat data, but it will not actually make changes to the thermostat. The change will show on the app, for a few seconds, then on the next refresh, go back to what it was.

I have seen this issue on previous post, what can we do to make this app function?

Thanks,
Jay
jayagee

Postby AdminWes » Sat May 19, 2012 10:54 am

Hi Jay,

Here's what's happening. When you change the set point, MobiLinc take the last known set point and increases or decreases the number based on your direction and updates the UI accordingly. Then it waits for 3 seconds to make sure you are done making set point changes and then will issue the command to your thermostat. You know it's finished when the white spinning indicator disappears. Then on the next refresh, MobiLinc gets the current values of the thermostat. If the thermostat never saw the set point change then the UI of MobiLinc will revert back to actual thermostat values.

When the spinning indicator disappears, does your actual thermostat reflect the new set point?

My guess is that the thermostat isn't making the set point change for some reason that we need to figure out.

- Can you change the set point through the SmartLinc web interface and does it "take" on your actual thermostat?
- Where is the nearest access point to your thermostat? Is it within a room located near your thermostat?
- What thermostat adapter are you using? If the separate thermostat adapter dongle, did you upgrade the adapter through the Smarthome replacement program?

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby jayagee » Sat May 19, 2012 7:03 pm

AdminWes wrote:Hi Jay,
When the spinning indicator disappears, does your actual thermostat reflect the new set point?

My guess is that the thermostat isn't making the set point change for some reason that we need to figure out.

- Can you change the set point through the SmartLinc web interface and does it "take" on your actual thermostat?
- Where is the nearest access point to your thermostat? Is it within a room located near your thermostat?
- What thermostat adapter are you using? If the separate thermostat adapter dongle, did you upgrade the adapter through the Smarthome replacement program?

Wes

Hey Wes,

No, when the spinning indicator stops, the set point is not changed using the app. However, I can go to smartlinc via any browser like safari on the iphone and iexplorer or chrome on the laptop and it functions exactly as it should. Set points are taken and change as I watch at the thermostat. I can also use the insteon app on the ipad and it works properly. Set points are taken and changed. I can access remotely via the forwarded port on the router and set points are taken and changed. This app is the only element not functioning as it should. What can we do?
Thanks,
Jay
jayagee

Postby AdminWes » Sat May 19, 2012 7:25 pm

Thanks Jay,

I'm not sure what's happening in your setup. What thermostat are you using? Dongle or embedded INSTEON adapter? What's the Rev number of the adapter?

What's the firmware version of the SmartLinc? Did you upgrade the SmartLinc at all to support ics2?

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby jayagee » Sun May 20, 2012 6:23 am

AdminWes wrote:Thanks Jay,

I'm not sure what's happening in your setup. What thermostat are you using? Dongle or embedded INSTEON adapter? What's the Rev number of the adapter?

What's the firmware version of the SmartLinc? Did you upgrade the SmartLinc at all to support ics2?

Wes

Hi Wes,
I am using the Venstar T1800 Platinum 7 Day Embeded Dongle Rev 2.4. Yes, I have upgraded the firmware on the Smartlinc a few weeks ago. I am on Smartlinc version 3.1.
Thanks,
Jay
jayagee

Postby AdminWes » Sun May 20, 2012 11:13 am

Thanks Jay, I suspect that this there is something that has changed between the newer firmware and the new embedded thermostats that no longer responds to how MobiLinc was issuing set point changes under the older configuration.

I am picking one of the embedded thermostats up tomorrow and will be testing this configuration with the newer ics2 firmware and will report back with my findings.

Thank you for your patience.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby jayagee » Mon May 28, 2012 6:20 am

Any luck on getting this app actually working?

Thanks,
Jay
jayagee

Postby AdminWes » Mon May 28, 2012 8:49 am

Hi Jay,

Thanks for the follow-up ping. Yes, we have an internal beta we are testing that fixes the I2CS communication issues with these newer Venstar thermostats and the new I2CS SmartLinc firmware. We expect to submit to Apple early this week into Apple's review process queue.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Next

Return to MobiLinc Feedback and Comments