MobiLinc for Android

Submit feedback, comments, and support help here.

MobiLinc for Android

Postby gross1297 » Fri Jul 02, 2010 7:13 am

Is there going to be a version of MobiLink available for Android any time soon?
gross1297

Re: MobiLinc for Android

Postby AdminWes » Sat Jul 03, 2010 7:16 am

Yes! We are currently working on porting MobiLinc to the Android platform. No timetable has been set, but we are committed to bring MobiLinc to Android.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby junkycosmos » Sun Jul 04, 2010 12:28 am

I too am very interested in this. Bought and use your great app in iPhone connected to my isy99. Really great app. Have an android phone that I also use and would really like to have your app available. Would also be happy to help test compare etc.

If I can help drop me an email.

Thanks either way for the awesome iPhone app and looking forward to Android one
J

iPhone 3Gs
Android Evo4g
junkycosmos

Postby AdminWes » Fri Jul 09, 2010 2:02 pm

Hi junkcosmos,

Thanks! We won't be ready to beta test the Andriod version of MobiLinc for a while yet, but if you'd like, please send me your email informaiton and I'll keep it on hand for when we do start the beta testing process.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby h2oski1 » Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:56 am

I am also interested in the Mobilinc for my Droid-X. Please let me know when the beta version becomes available.

Thanks

h2oski
h2oski1

Postby AdminWes » Tue Oct 12, 2010 3:51 pm

Hi there,

Thanks! And yes, I will include you when we are ready to beta test.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby powderhound » Sun Nov 14, 2010 1:16 pm

When the Android app is available, will it be able to run on Google TV? Google is releasing their Android app store early in 2011, reportedly. It would be great to be able to use Google TV and MobiLinc on my TV to control devices.
powderhound

Postby AdminWes » Sun Nov 14, 2010 3:45 pm

Hi powderhound,

That's a good question. Since Google hasn't announced anything for the developers, I don't know how they are going to approach the exsiting line of Android apps and the Google TV. I'll be paying attention to this as it unfolds as it would be nice to take advantage of this new format.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby powderhound » Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:41 am

Thanks Wes. In case you haven't seen it, there is a link somewhere on the Google TV web site to join their developers email list. I joined it a few days ago but haven't received anything yet...

Insteon device integration with Google TV will be the Holy Grail of my automation project. I will finally be able to combine all my multimedia and home control into a single TV interface. There are a number of projects out there, such as LinuxMCE, which attempt to do this but from what I have seen and experienced, they are trying to do too much themselves. As a result, nothing quite works properly and new features take eons to be released. An architecture that integrates multiple projects is, in my opinion, a better way to go. That's the really exciting thing about GoogleTV - it's an Android platform which opens up your TV to integrated solutions. That means many more developers, each focused on their own project, and a better overall solution.

Please add me to your beta program when/if you go this route. I'd be happy to help.

Keep up the good work!
powderhound

Postby AdminWes » Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:22 pm

Hi powderhound,

If Google can pull it off, I think that Android will be the primary OS for many devices out there.

When you get a change shoot me an email to wes@mobileintegratedsolutions.com and I'll add you to me email distro list for when we launch the beta of MobilLinc for Android.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Next

Return to MobiLinc Feedback and Comments