Remote connection suggestions

Submit feedback, comments, and support help here.

Remote connection suggestions

Postby ajiuo » Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:12 pm

I wonder if anyone might suggest a way around this.

I live in a new building where internet service must be purchased through the building. It seems that the building has a single router with an external IP address. When you purchase internet service and hook your own router up to the eathernet line, the router is provided with a 192.168.x.x address.... So obviously the port forwarding from the mobilinc app to my smartlinc is not working from outside of the network.. because it has to go through 2 routers.

Are there any services that can get around this by having something installed on a computer that can link to an outside service and forward request to my router??

do you plan to support the smartlinc with mobilinc connect?
ajiuo

Re: Remote connection suggestions

Postby AdminWes » Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:12 pm

Hi there,

Currently no, we do not have plans to bring MobiLinc Connect to the SmartLinc. It would require that Smarthome build support for MobiLinc Connect into the SmartLinc which, I'm assuming to a degree, would require a new SmartLinc be built. I do not believe that they could release a firmware update to include MobiLinc Connect.

Unfortunately I do not have a good solution for this problem since manual port forwarding with the SmartLinc is the only option.

This is one of the reasons that compelled us to build MobiLinc Connect with the ISY product as the ISY has the flexibility and firmware upgrade capability to support our remote access solution...and would specifically solve your current remote access problem.

If you are interested in the ISY, I'd be happy to talk to you more about it and the features benefits over the SmartLinc.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby ajiuo » Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:27 am

Yeah.. Iv decided to go with the isy.. I dont like the way programing has to be done with the smartlinc. I plan on getting a fanlinc and dont want to be climing up to the celing every time I want a sceen... Also the isy will provide brightness feedback to roomie a/v remote.

I got a kit from best buy that came with a smartlinc, lamplinc, and acsess point on sale for 60$... I was going to return it.. But the smart linc alone ssles on ebay for more then I paid for the whole kit... Heh ill sale the smartlinc on ebay and end up with a free lamplinc and acsess point :-)
ajiuo

Postby AdminWes » Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:57 am

Let me know if I can help with any ISY questions you may have. We are running some very aggressive deals on the ISY combo kits: http://mobilincstore.com/system/isy-994i-plm-combo.html

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Return to MobiLinc Feedback and Comments