Android Mobilinc Pro and Venstar Thermostat

Submit feedback, comments, and support help here.

Android Mobilinc Pro and Venstar Thermostat

Postby miaintrusion » Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:54 pm

The thermostat link is gone from my mobilinc pro ver 1.2.1 for android opening screen. If I reinstall it, it reappears, but after I use it twice it disappears from the main screen again. I can see it under my devices (on,off,dim,etc) and even after I re-sync it still turns up missing from the main page and I can never get it to come back. I have no way of seeing what the current temperature is or move the temp up or down.

I can see it from the web interface on the 2412n just fine, and its not losing the link from there.
miaintrusion

Re: Android Mobilinc Pro and Venstar Thermostat

Postby AdminWes » Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:55 am

Hi miaintrusion,

It sounds like the link information in the SmartLinc isn't 100% stable. Are you using HouseLinc in addition to the SmartLinc?

Instead of allowing MobiLinc to pull the link information from the SmartLinc for the thermostat, try adding the Thermostat directly to MobiLinc. Please perform the following:

- Open the SmartLinc web interface on a PC/MAC.
- Remove the thermostat from the thermostat scene (you'll put it back at the end).
- Save.
- Open MobiLinc and go to My Settings->Lighting Controller->Sync.
- Confirm that the thermostat device was removed from MobiLinc.
- Go to MobiLinc->My Devices.
- Tap the "+" button in the upper left corner.
- Add your thermostat details and pick Thermostat from the device type menu.
- Save.
- Confirm that you can see and control your Thermostat from My Thermostats.
- Add your thermostat back into the SmartLinc web interface.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby miaintrusion » Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:53 pm

Yes I also have houselinc in the mix.

I do have some preset temp scenes i created by drag and drop into the smartlinc using houselinc.

Could this be whats causing the hiccup. I have removed the thermostat and hidden the room with the presets (which should disable it) within Smartlinc and Mobilinc Pro is still finding the thermostat ID, but it doesn't identify it now as a thermostat anymore.
miaintrusion

Postby AdminWes » Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:06 pm

Yes, that's the problem.

HouseLinc rewrites the SmartLinc INSTEON DB with link records that are missing the device type information. MobiLinc relies on accurate Device Type information in the link record to be able to identify the device. Since HouseLinc reuses this for it's own purposes, MobiLinc has no idea what kind of link is present. MobiLinc then assumes just a basic switch with no other information to base a decision.

The hard part is getting to use both, MobiLinc and HouseLinc with the SmartLinc.

My only recommendation is to temporally remove all your temperature scenes and hope that the HouseLinc SW also removes the thermostat links from the SmartLinc. Then use MobiLinc to resync to the SmartLinc. Confirm that the Thermostat is now gone and add it to MobiLinc manually.

Then use HouseLinc to restore your thermostat scenes.

Do not re-sync MobiLinc to the SmartLinc as this might revert back to the old SmartLinc Link database.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Return to MobiLinc Feedback and Comments