MobiLinc stuck on Please Wait

Submit feedback, comments, and support help here.

MobiLinc stuck on Please Wait

Postby vincent007 » Tue Aug 31, 2010 5:10 am

I installed MobiLinc on my iPhone4 and I'm receiving a dialog that says "Please Wait Parsing Scene Properties for Address 227" and it seems to be stuck on this dialog. If I force quit the program and relaunch MobiLinc, everything appears to be fine and functioning normally. I've repeated this several times when I try to sync. Other than that, the program seems to be fine.

Any thoughts?

Vinny
vincent007

Re: MobiLinc stuck on Please Wait

Postby AdminWes » Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:23 am

Hi Vinny,

I've had one other report of this. I'm still attempting to find a workaround I can implement in MobiLinc. The problem appears to be the link record database in the SmartLinc. At that point in the sync, MobiLinc is asking for all the links (Insteon devices) that the SmartLinc knows about. If this SmartLinc database becomes corrupt then the SmartLinc ends up sending out data that causes MobiLinc to enter into a repeating loop.

In the meantime while I'm searching for a workaround in these cases you could try unplugging the SmartLinc for 30 seconds and then plug it back in, wait for 30 seconds, and then try accessing the SmartLinc with MobiLinc. Attempt the sync. Does it hang again?

If that doesn't work, then I would recommend a factory reset to get the internal link database back in alignment. This however, will erase all your settings and scenes. So if you attempt this then please write down your scenes and settings before factory resetting.

I'm hoping that I'll be able to find a workaround so that users don't have to factory reset their SmartLincs when this happens, or at least detect a corrupt database to inform the user.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby vincent007 » Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:33 am

Thanks Wes, I'll try that. Like I stated, MobiLinc seems to be functioning fine. I just had to force quit, no big deal there. I'll let you know what I find out when I unplug the2412N. I'd hate to do a factory reset. :)
vincent007

Postby vincent007 » Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:01 am

I unplugged the 2412N for a minute, but it yielded the same result. I'm not going to try a factory reset because its such a pain to re-linc everything in the 2412N(wish there was an easier way) and everything seems to functioning fine with MobiLinc.

Vinny
vincent007

Postby AdminWes » Thu Sep 02, 2010 7:06 am

Hi Vinny,

Do you by any chance have an IO Linc or Irrigation Controller linked to your SmartLinc?

I found a bug this morning that would explain what you are seeing if you have either the IO Linc or Irrigation controller linked to the SmartLinc.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby doubledug » Sat Sep 04, 2010 1:44 pm

FYI, I also have this problem with my newly installed Smartlinc system. My hung message is " Please Wait Parsing Scene Properties for Address: 129". I've unplugged the Smartlinc, but the problem still happens. It also seems to be preventing me from viewing all my devices (there are only 3 shown, which were the first 3 I linked). I don't have an IO Linc or irrigation controller.
doubledug

Postby MHickok » Sat Sep 04, 2010 2:14 pm

I too have run into this issue.. This started after I updated to the last version..... Tried a reset but no luck..
MHickok

Postby AdminWes » Sat Sep 04, 2010 4:14 pm

Doubledug and MHickok,

I believe I have identified the source of the problem. It was a clear (and latent problem with past versions) issue with an IO Linc or Irrigation controller linked to the SmartLinc, but I also fixed a problem where it could hang if the SmartLinc returned unknown or corrupted data for the link records in the SmartLinc. Now if the link data is unrecognizable MobiLinc will inform the user and stop the sync process.

I released 2.17.00 to Apple last Thursday and am awaiting approval. If this doesn't fix the issue please let know and also let me know if I can connect to your SmartLinc to see what your SmartLinc is reporting.

Thanks for letting me now about the issues.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby vincent007 » Mon Sep 06, 2010 4:43 pm

Wes, sent you the info you requested via pm. I do infact have IOLincs in my system. As for your "fix" , I'm concerned that the way you described the "exit" would abort the sync. In my case, even though MobiLinc is hung, if I exit the program and resteart MobiLinc everything seems to be working fine.....

Vinny :)
vincent007

Postby AdminWes » Mon Sep 06, 2010 5:09 pm

Hi Vinny,

Thanks for the info and concerns. If the SmartLinc sends bad data there isn't much MobiLinc can do to coax the SmartLinc in skipping over the data and continuing. My experiance tells me to abort the sync and notify the user. Everything synced up till the bad data would be safe in the MobiLinc internal database and you could use the scenes, devices, and thermostat MobiLinc pulled from the SmartLinc before MobiLinc stopped the sync when it hit the bad link record.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Next

Return to MobiLinc Feedback and Comments