Insteon ID

Submit feedback, comments, and support help here.

Insteon ID

Postby vincent007 » Wed Sep 08, 2010 6:14 pm

Is there any way that the Insteaon ID can be displayed, maybe as an "right arrow click" on the scene? There are times I'd like to add a device from one of my scenes and not have to go the smartLinc to find the ID.

Vinny
vincent007

Re: Insteon ID

Postby AdminWes » Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:47 pm

Hi Vinny,

I don't know of a way to ask the SmartLinc what devices are linked to a particular scene. I know there is a single entry the user can enter in the scene properties from the web interface that will tie an INSTEON address to that scene for status. Currently MobiLinc does not look at that field as there could be any number of other devices linked to the scene that MobiLinc doesn't know about. If MobiLinc displayed only that address, then it would appear that no other device is linked to that scene which may or may not be actually true.

There may be a way to get at that info, but would require some experimentation and is non-obvious (at least to me). If there are others that would like this feature, please chime in to help drive this feature priority.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby vincent007 » Wed Sep 15, 2010 5:05 am

Hey Wes, I installed the update last night and everything is GREAT, thanks!!!!!

I dont know if the update did anything, but I never had the Devices section populated but now it is. This is what I was looking for as far as the insteon ID :)
One request, can we have the ability to assign a name to the ID in the devices page?

Again, great job.

Rgds,
Vinny
vincent007

Postby AdminWes » Wed Sep 15, 2010 6:21 am

Hi Vinny,

Glad to hear the update addressed the issue.

You can rename the INSTEON Device ID (Name) by going into My Devices and selecting your device to rename. Tap on the "Edit" button in the upper right corner and enter in a new Module Friendly Name here.

Does that answer your question?

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby vincent007 » Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:00 am

Wes, Yes it does :oops:

This is EXACTLY what I was looking for! I cant beleive I overlooked this.

I love this app.

Vinny
vincent007

Postby AdminWes » Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:36 pm

Thanks Vinny, glad it answered your question.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby jgadget » Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:00 am

I am trying to rename my devices via MobiLinc HD and do not see an edit button? Am I doing something wrong?
jgadget

Postby AdminWes » Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:46 am

Hi jgadget,

Tap the Gear ICON on your device and then tap the Edit button in the upper right corner of the popup.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Return to MobiLinc Feedback and Comments