Saving Sync info

Submit feedback, comments, and support help here.

Saving Sync info

Postby SCD » Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:31 am

It takes such a long time for the information saved into my Touch to re-load each time Mobilinc is used, can this be saved into the iPod memory?
SCD

Re: Saving Sync info

Postby AdminWes » Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:22 am

Hi SCD,

The devices and scenes are cached in MobiLinc on the iOS device. On startup, MobiLinc verifies that the SmartLinc is on your network (or connects over 3G) and then starts to status each device and scene. Depending on how many devices and scenes you have this can take a little while to perform. While refreshing the status of devices and scenes you can use MobiLinc to command and control devices and scenes directly.

What behavior are you seeing that is causing a re-load each time?

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby SCD » Mon Sep 27, 2010 12:17 pm

Mobilinc has nothing but the home screen when activated. No devices, scenes, or other info is available. Is this just a case of "wait a while longer?" I do not, however, note the normal communication revolving circle functioning unless I manually tell the devices to sync. That's it.
SCD

Postby AdminWes » Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:37 am

Hi SCD,

When you first start MobiLinc, there wouldn't be any devices or scenes until a sync is performed. Once a sync is performed and MobiLinc displays the "Success" message then all devices and scenes are stored off to the internal database. The next time you start MobiLinc, MobiLinc will pull and display those cached devices and scenes while MobiLinc gets status from the SmartLinc.

So if I understand you correctly, you can sync with the SmartLinc, get a success message, and control your devices and scenes. If you quit MobiLinc and restart it all the devices and scenes are now missing? It sounds like the internal database isn't being maintained by the iPod Touch like it should. I would recommend that you verify you have MobiLinc downloaded in your iTunes on your PC or MAC and then remove MobiLinc from your iPod Touch. Now connect your device back to iTunes and resync to re-install MobiLinc on your touch. See if by reinstalling MobiLinc this fixes the issue you are seeing.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby SCD » Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:59 am

Thanks, Wes. Will try and then let you know!
SCD

Return to MobiLinc Feedback and Comments