Connection timeout over 3G

Submit feedback, comments, and support help here.

Connection timeout over 3G

Postby scottgbg » Sun Dec 26, 2010 7:17 pm

I'm receiving a connection timeout error when I start up the mobilinc app from my iPhone over 3G. The app works fine over wifi and I'm able to connect to the 2414 from my browser on my iPhone over 3G using the same ip/port settings as are shown in the mobilinc app. The connection timeout error occurs with 3 seconds of starting the app. Any suggestions?
scottgbg

Re: Connection timeout over 3G

Postby AdminWes » Mon Dec 27, 2010 9:09 am

Hi Scott,

Check the MobiLinc settings. Here you can define local and external IP addresses including the ports. You say you can connect over 3G using the same IP/port settings. How is your configuration in MobiLinc? Do you define a seperate Local and External IP settings? What is the Connection Method? Is it set to Auto?

Try this, using the same IP/Port settings in Safari on your iPhone that works over 3G (verify you can actually turn on a light and that the web page isn't just a cached version), enter in that info into MobiLinc for the External IP/Port setting and change the Connect Method to External. Now perform a sync and verify MobiLinc can connect to your SmartLinc.

One last question, you didn't mention it in your post, but did you configure your router to port forward your incomming traffic to the SmartLinc? Can you verify that the SmartLinc didn't change its IP address?

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Return to MobiLinc Feedback and Comments