Devices listed ?

Submit feedback, comments, and support help here.

Devices listed ?

Postby Dudlys » Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:22 am

Have a general question about devices that show/should be listed in Mobilinc software ? I have a system consisting of 1-2412n controller, 2-2443 access points, 2-2466SW and 1-2456D3 module. Im using the latest rev of Mobilinc 2.17.00 on my iphone 4 and everything works great, just not sure if all devices should show up in Mobilinc on my iphone, when i check it the only things that appears there are the 2-2466SW and the 1-2456D3, I do not see the 2-2443 access points. I believe I read somewhere that others have seen them listed in devices ? Just curious if they should or shouldn't be listed. One other item I do at times after doing a sync with the 2412n controller see a item listed as 00:00:02 which seems to be a phantom device ? I have no device with that address and sometimes when doing a sync with the my iphone and controller I get a error message saying the controller reported a error on device 15:15:15 to please verify that the address is correct, again I dont have anything like that in any of my hardware. Any input on this would be greatly appreciated
Dudlys

Re: Devices listed ?

Postby AdminWes » Sat Jan 22, 2011 6:57 pm

Hi there,

When syncing with your SmartLinc, Mobilinc reads the link table list in the SmartLinc as the source for it's devices. While it is possible that an Access point could be linked to te SmartLinc, it doesn't make a whole lot of sense nor would it offer any additional functionality. I would expect for most to not see your Access Points.

The phantom devices seem to come from a mis-read or bad link in the SmartLinc link table during syncing. If you go to My Devices and perform a left to right finger swipe over these phantom devices you can delete them from MobiLinc.
AdminWes
Site Admin

Return to MobiLinc Feedback and Comments