Inconsistent access for Smartlinc

Submit feedback, comments, and support help here.

Inconsistent access for Smartlinc

Postby keoshkerian » Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:05 pm

I just recently installed Mobilinc on my Iphone. I am attempting to control a SmarLinc processor with it. I have had inconsistent ability to control my devices.

At first it was exclusively while using Wifi. Mobilinc see's my devices, but cannot control them. I have attempted to turn off Smartlinc (double clicking home button and clicking on the minus icon). Again, inconsistent, sometimes it works sometimes it does not.

I was able to access over 3g (turning off wifi in settings) and this seemed to work until today, when that too stopped working.

I tried uninstalling the app, and re-installing it, at which time it works for a while, and then again goes back to an inconsistent performance.

When it is not functioning, I can see devices, but not see if they are on or off. Mobilinc is "loading" non-stop.

Thanks in advance for your help with this.

Mark
keoshkerian

Re: Inconsistent access for Smartlinc

Postby AdminWes » Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:57 am

Hi Mark,

The "loading non-stop" is indicating to me that there maybe devices in the INSTEON network that maybe unresponsive.

Try this:
- Double-tap the home button and press and hold MobiLinc until it shakes.
- Tap the minus button to force close MobiLinc.
- Open MobiLinc and go to My Devices.
- Watch as MobiLinc gathers status on each device.
- If there is any device that appears to "hang", meaning, status doesn't come in or is sluggish. This may indicate that there is a communication problem with this device. Please remove this device by performing a left to right finger swipe over the device and tap delete. Repeat the above steps until MobiLinc is able to gather status reliably for all your devices.

After performing these steps, does MobiLinc seem to communicate more reliably with your SmartLinc?

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby keoshkerian » Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:23 am

When I tried this, only 1 device loaded.

I was able to use consistently over 3G until yesterday and then that stopped working. Whenever inreinstall app things work fine, and then sure enough things stop working.

Incidently, I have no trouble seeing devices within the smartlinc internal site, and can turn devices on/off no problem
keoshkerian

Postby AdminWes » Sat Jul 23, 2011 12:13 am

For the first device that doesn't report status can you confirm that this device is actually on your INSTEON network? Another thing to check is if these devices are listed as the device reporting status for a scene. If it is a reporting device then please verify through the website than the SmartLinc can show on or off for the scene.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby keoshkerian » Sun Jul 24, 2011 3:13 pm

Well I think I have narrowed things down. It appears that the ip address keeps changing in the settings of mobilinc (the local http in lighting control sub menu of settings). I changed it to the correct ip and everything worked great. But one day later it changed itself again.

Any thoughts why this may be happening?

Thanks
keoshkerian

Postby AdminWes » Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:23 am

Hi keoshkerian,

The only reason I can think of that would cause this is if the the smartlinc.smarthome.com website is reporting a different IP address for your SmartLinc than what it actually is. Double-check and see what IP the smartlinc website is reporting from smartlinc.smarthome.com.

If that is the source, then the website isn't getting the updated IP info from your SmartLinc. I'd recommend unplugging the SmartLinc, wait for 30 seconds, and plug it back it. After an hour or so, the website should have the updated IP info.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Return to MobiLinc Feedback and Comments