Pro go "off line" when swapped out for hours

Submit feedback, comments, and support help here.

Pro go "off line" when swapped out for hours

Postby bwhyte » Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:49 am

Wes...
I have the latest Pro on an iPhone and Smartlink rev 2.1. I haven't done enough investigation to narrow down the exact circumstances and am really writing to see if this is an issue you are already aware of. While wifi connected with the app swapped out for a long period (say from 5pm to 10 pm), if I tap on the app, I do not see the rotating circle indicating communication with the Smartlink. Any taps on devices to turn them on or off have no effect. Shutting down the app and then firing it back up solves the issue.

Tempe, AZ
bwhyte

Re: Pro go "off line" when swapped out for hours

Postby AdminWes » Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:52 am

Hi bwhyte,

I can't that I've seen or had any reports of this. I'll try reproducing it here and see if I can get it to reproduce.

Is this reproducible on your end? Meaning, does it always do this after leaving the app in background mode for long periods of time?

Thanks for the report.
Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby bwhyte » Wed Aug 03, 2011 6:41 pm

The behavior mimics what happens in the case where I travel from home to work and then I get the Connection Timeout Error message. After that, no tapping on any of the screen on/off places has any effect. I do note that if I go to My Settings > Lighting Controller > Tap to Sync > Update Only the connection is reestablished and things work fine. Perhaps I have some device which is timing out? Let me confirm that it is happening, repeatable when the app is paused for several hours.
bwhyte

Postby AdminWes » Sat Aug 06, 2011 3:42 pm

Thanks bwhyte,

Thanks, we'll continue to watch for it here. Let me know if you find that this is repeatable for you.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Return to MobiLinc Feedback and Comments