Reports of MobiLinc not working on iOS4

Information Regarding MobiLinc and iOS4

Re: Reports of MobiLinc not working on iOS4

Postby AdminWes » Fri Jul 09, 2010 2:00 pm

Hi Lasswellt,

I am very sorry for the delay, usually approval occurs in under a week. I'm working with an Apple rep to help the review process along. Unfortunately I do not have insight into the review process or what apps/companies get priority.

Please hang tight. The update will happen.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby Lasswellt » Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:42 pm

can't wait. :)
Lasswellt

Postby AdminWes » Tue Jul 20, 2010 6:24 am

Hi All,

Good news, Apple approved the MobiLinc update last night and is available for download. Thank you to everyone for your patience!

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby shelbow » Mon Jul 26, 2010 3:52 pm

anybody still having problems? or is it just me? can link everything together, works for about 4 cycles then hangs up.Unplug the 2412n, plug it back in, remove Mobilinc software, reinstall, and I can get three or four on/off cycles before the software hangs again. Iphone 3gs 32 gig running apples latest upgrade,2412n insteon,and the newest update from mobilinc. help!
shelbow

Postby AdminWes » Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:45 pm

Hi shelbow,

Can I get some additional info on "hanging up"? Which software do you think is locking up MobiLinc or the SmartLinc? If MobiLinc, is there an error message returned? Are you on 3G or Wi-Fi?

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby shelbow » Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:10 am

Hi Wes! It seems to be the Mobilinc software that hangs up.Im on wifi,On a fresh install i can get everything to sync,and it all works.After about three successful exicutions of the program(Mobilinc on my iphone) the forth time i try to open it the startup screen comes up,saying its loading profile:default and just stays on that screen.If I remove the program,reinstall, unplug the 2412n,plug it back in and restart Mobilinc,it syncs fine and works for about three uses.Then back to loading profile:default and just hangs there.I have controll over wifi of the 2412n at all times with my computers. Thanks Wes for the reply! Really looking forward to using this software! any other questions please ask!Thanks again!
shelbow

Postby AdminWes » Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:57 am

Hi shelbow,

The only thing happening at that point when MobiLinc is configured to talk to the SmartLinc 2412N is on startup, if you are on Wi-Fi, MobiLinc talks to the SmartHome servers to find your SmartLinc and verify that the same SmartLinc and IP address match what the SmartHome SmartLinc servers have as the local IP address for your SmartLinc. The SmartLinc device pings the SmartHome servers once a day with it's updated IP address.

When MobiLinc stops on Loading Profile... use a local computer and go to the following address:
http://smartlinc.smarthome.com/getInfo.asp

This is the same site the MobiLinc is attempting to reach. Verify that the local IP listed here is the same as the IP in MobiLinc for your SmartLinc (This can be found in the settings area on your iPhone/touch/iPad.)

Can you connect over 3G? This method bypasses the smarthome servers since the device isn't connected via Wi-Fi.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby RichardK » Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:53 pm

Hello:

I just installed MobiLinc on my iPhone 3G running iOS4. I have the latest SmartLinc installed on my 2412N. When I create an X10 switch in SmartLinc I can control it no problem. When I create the same device in Mobilinc, I can also turn it on and off with no problem. But when I try to control the switch that was brought in via syncing, it will not turn on or off. Yet I see the blue light on the 2412N flash. Strange problem.
RichardK

Postby AdminWes » Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:21 pm

Hi RichardK,

MobiLinc for SmartLinc is only compatible with one firmware version of the SmartLinc. When you say you have the latest version, what is the firmware version?

Please see this forum posting to find your SmartLinc version:
http://www.mobileintegratedsolutions.com/utilities/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=229

Please let me know what version is reported.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby shelbow » Fri Jul 30, 2010 12:57 pm

AdminWes wrote:Hi shelbow,

The only thing happening at that point when MobiLinc is configured to talk to the SmartLinc 2412N is on startup, if you are on Wi-Fi, MobiLinc talks to the SmartHome servers to find your SmartLinc and verify that the same SmartLinc and IP address match what the SmartHome SmartLinc servers have as the local IP address for your SmartLinc. The SmartLinc device pings the SmartHome servers once a day with it's updated IP address.

When MobiLinc stops on Loading Profile... use a local computer and go to the following address:
http://smartlinc.smarthome.com/getInfo.asp

This is the same site the MobiLinc is attempting to reach. Verify that the local IP listed here is the same as the IP in MobiLinc for your SmartLinc (This can be found in the settings area on your iPhone/touch/iPad.)

Can you connect over 3G? This method bypasses the smarthome servers since the device isn't connected via Wi-Fi.

Wes

Hi Wes Thanks for the help,did a factory reset on the smartlinc,three times and reloaded the software the same! Seems to work now! Keeping my fingers crossed!LoL!
shelbow

PreviousNext

Return to MobiLinc and iOS4