Reports of MobiLinc not working on iOS4

Information Regarding MobiLinc and iOS4

Reports of MobiLinc not working on iOS4

Postby AdminWes » Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:27 pm

Please post your experience using MobiLinc on iOS4.

I'm hearing reports through reviews and email that some users are having trouble with MobiLinc. I am attempting to identify the change between the beta versions of iOS4 and the final version of iOS4 so that I may update MobiLinc accordingly.

If MobiLinc works for you please post as such. If not, please describe what is happening including what device you are running MobiLinc on. The reports I'm seeing relate to startup being successful only part time and only for some users.

I will post back here once I have been able to identify a potential solution.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Re: Reports of MobiLinc not working on iOS4

Postby winchdude » Wed Jun 23, 2010 6:36 am

Wes,
I just updated to OS4 on my iPhone and since that time Mobilinc will start up properly only once in a while. Most the time it freezes up when first opening during the "Loading Profile:Default" stage of startup. On occasion the "loading" message does not show up and it just freezes with the first splash page.
On a very rare occasion it starts up like it is supposed to.
Great product, hope you can find the kink.
winchdude

Postby AdminWes » Wed Jun 23, 2010 7:08 am

Hi winchdude,

Thanks for the info. I worked on this yesterday and I believe I have found the issue on the official release of iOS4. The beta versions did not exibit this behavior. I'm working on a fix and will post back once I have fixed the issue and am submitting to Apple. This is my top priority and will release the update ASAP.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby marcboston » Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:01 am

I love MobiLink but can't use it on my new iPhone 4. One thing I think i've noticed is that it doesn't work when I'm connected with wifi... but it did work earlier through the 3G connection. THe 'loading profile' page seems to lock up when on wifi. I really hope you can get a fix asap... as this is something i normally use everyday. thanks! Also looking forward to the ipad version. :)
marcboston

Postby Mvgossman » Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:33 am

Agree, starts on 3G, locks on WiFi.
Haven't successfully synced yet but I think it's my settings.
Mvgossman

Postby marcboston » Thu Jun 24, 2010 3:29 pm

is there anyway we can get this working over wifi without waiting for a software update? not sure what settings i would change. anyone? very frustrating.
marcboston

Postby AdminWes » Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:00 am

Hi All,

I can confirm the issue is with how MobiLinc detects if the phone is connected to WiFi. If connecting over 3G the issue doesn't present itself. I expect to release an update to Apple this weekend after verifying the fix and anything else that broke with the new "official" os.

I apologize for the inconvenience and thank everyone for their patience as I work through the development and release process.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby AdminWes » Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:47 pm

Hi All,

I've submitted a new version of MobiLinc (2.15.00) to Apple this evening that fixes the iOS 4 startup issue over Wi-Fi. Here are a summary of changes:

iOS 4 Devices:
- Fixed startup hanging issue on iOS4 devices.
- Enabled Fast App Switching.

- For ISY Users:
-- Fixed sorting bug on the My Devices Page.
-- Added under Advance Options to set the ON Level and Ramp Rate for Insteon Dimming Devices.

Apple typically takes about 1 week to approve updates. I will remove this forum topic once Apple has approved the update.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby AdminWes » Sat Jul 03, 2010 7:19 am

Hi All,

I just wanted to check in and let everyone know that Apple still has MobiLinc in the queue waiting for approval. The feedback I'm receiving is that there are a very high number of iOS 4 updates app developers are submitting and that it is taking longer than usual to get updates approved. I apologize for the delay. I will post back once Apple has approved the update.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby Lasswellt » Thu Jul 08, 2010 6:34 pm

Seems like it's taking a real long time. There are apps that have had a few updates since this was submitted. Really looking forward to having a working copy on ios4. Really miss this app.
Lasswellt

Next

Return to MobiLinc and iOS4