Reports of MobiLinc not working on iOS4

Information Regarding MobiLinc and iOS4

Re: Reports of MobiLinc not working on iOS4

Postby p7willm » Thu Aug 26, 2010 7:50 am

I just downloaded 2.16.00 and it is not working. I go into safari on the iphone and can turn the x-10 stuff on and off with no problem. I go to moriLinc and nothing. I synced MobiLinc, restarted the iphone still working from safari and not from mobilinc.

What is my next step? The app does not work, I can do what I want with the browser. I know how frustrating it is to have problems like this and I feel for you. However I would like a working app or my money back.
p7willm

Postby p7willm » Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:01 am

After I downloaded 2.16 I did an update only sync and the x-10 stuff did not work. Later I tried to do a download all sync and It hung on on 33 for about 5 minutes. I went through the unplug of the controller and even restarted the iphone. This time it gave me the message about 33 and a few seconds and then it finished.

The x-10 stuff works now.

With the unstable hardware/software I would really like to get my money back, use the web interface for a few months and then possibly try again.

Again, I know it can be tough doing the software with strange hardware, and I know that software can work fine for almost everybody but sometimes it seems that one user gets all the problems. Right now I am a little frustrated with the whole thing, not just MobiLinc, and want a solution that is solid over one that looks nicer.
p7willm

Postby RichardK » Thu Aug 26, 2010 1:31 pm

Wes:
I unplugged for about 60 seconds and then plugged back in. I verified that I am back online. During the sync I had the same issue with 227. You are correct, I don't have that many scenes. Thank you.
RichardK

Postby AdminWes » Thu Aug 26, 2010 8:04 pm

Hi p7willm,

I sorry you've had some issues getting up and running. Your story is common with the SmartLinc. It has been my experience that it needs a reboot every now and again to remain stable.

If you are looking for a higher-end product that is more stable and offers more features and functionality check out the ISY-99i from Universal Devices. MobiLinc was written to take advantage of all the features the ISY offers.

It sounds like you got all your issues worked out with the SmartLinc. If not, please don't hesitate to contact me if you have any questions.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby AdminWes » Thu Aug 26, 2010 8:08 pm

Hi RichardK,

If you are up for it please email me at wes@mobileintegratedsolutions.com and let me know if you'd be willing to have me connect directly to your SmartLinc this weekend to debug the issue. There are a number of things happening during the sync and it would be great if you'd be willing to open up your setup to allow me to debug with your SmartLinc.

The 227 scene seems very strange to me. The data returned is telling MobiLinc that there is a scene way out there and is unable to parse it.

My guess is that the SmartLinc may need to be factory reset to recover but I'd like to take a look if you don't mind.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby p7willm » Fri Aug 27, 2010 1:42 pm

Since getting MobiLinc to sync yesterday I have not used it. I have gone in through the web interface and I just tried a sync and it hung over a minute, when I gave up on scene 35, I have added more scenes since it hung on 33 yesterday. I unplugged and restarted and it works, except for the ~2 second hang at the end working on 35.

I turned a light on and off with mobilink, it worked. I resynced and i think it took a little longer, maybe around 3 seconds. I turned a light on and off with the web and resynced and it hung, over 2 mintues on 35, Then I got a device error for 15.15.15 Please verify the address of the device.

I had intended to have my partner use the web app to control the one light she cares about. The way it looks now everytime I want to update mobilinc i need to crawl under the desk and unplug the smartlinc.

The way I look at it is that I was told a smartlink hardware with mobilinc software woutld let me control my lights from my iPhone.

I do not think that works. I do not know why it does not work. There might be a design flaw in the smartlink, mobilinc may be incompatible with the smartlinc, mobilinc may have a programming error.

I do know that I can control my lights from my iPhone using the web browser with no problem. It appears to me that the smartlink works fine controling my lights, I have never had a problem doing it. The smartlinc may indeed have a problem with the interface used by mobilinc I don't know and I really don't care.

If you want to keep this discussion off the public boards you can use the email in my profile.

I am off to Apple now to try and get a refund for an app that does not do what it says it will do.
p7willm

Postby AdminWes » Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:58 am

Hi p7willm,

Please see your email for my communication.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby AdminWes » Wed Sep 15, 2010 6:32 am

Hi All,

Apple approved 2.17.00 yesterday that fixes the problem with some SmartLincs where the SmartLinc sends bad or unknown data to MobiLinc during a sync operation. MobiLinc will detect this data and inform the user that the SmartLinc may need to be reset and then gracefully exit the sync process saving the good data to the internal MobiLinc database.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby MLCappy » Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:05 pm

Yup. Mobilinc is NOT working on iPhone 4 (OS4) with ISY99!
MLCappy

Postby AdminWes » Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:36 pm

Hi MLCappy,

What is the issue you are seeing? Do you have Firmware 2.7.0 or later for the ISY99?

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to MobiLinc and iOS4