iPhone 4, Mobilinc, 2412N device issue

Information Regarding MobiLinc and iOS4

iPhone 4, Mobilinc, 2412N device issue

Postby Charlieo » Thu Jul 15, 2010 6:53 am

First of all, let me say this is the best app I have ever used with an iPhone. I love to demonstrate turning off and on my outdoor lights from my phone for my friends. They are blown away. I have 90 devices throughout the house (and use HL2 for everything timed). Since the latest version update, all works perfectly with one small exception.

I have 2 switchlinc relays that can be controlled by mobilinc 100% of the time. However, they always report initially as "on", even though they are off. Just these two out of probably 40 switchlincs. What is the problem?

Lastly, I have 6 2477SA1 devices (240VAC relay/switch). How would you set them up? I can only get the fast off/on to work.

Thanks for a great accessory for Insteon!
Charlieo

Re: iPhone 4, Mobilinc, 2412N device issue

Postby AdminWes » Sun Jul 18, 2010 9:28 am

Hi Charlieo,

Thank you for your kind words!
As for your 240 volt switches have you tried adding them as an ApplianceLinc through MobiLinc? I don't have have devices to test with so I'm guessing that they would respond the same way as a normal switch or appliance. Let me know how that test goes.

For the devices that initially report as ON, MobiLinc only reports what the SmartLinc sees. One thing you could try is linking those two devices if not already linked to your SmartLinc to see if that increases your reliability.

Please let me know how that works for you.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby designz » Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:56 am

Hi Wes,
I have two 220v relays (normally open) on my system and found to get them into Mobilinc I had to add them manually under My Devices and the plus button. I entered the insteon address etc. and they show up and work fine. They didn't show up after they were linked to the Smartlinc and a sync to Mobilinc. All of the other devices showed up as their insteon ID but not the 220v relays. Hope this helps. Regards Designz
designz

Postby AdminWes » Wed Oct 27, 2010 6:32 am

Thanks Designz,

MobiLinc is programmed to recognize the common device codes, if the 220 volt relays are reporting back a device code that isn't recognized by MobiLinc, then MobiLinc doesn't know what to do with it and won't add it to the database (through the sync operation).

You can always add in your own devices the way you described, overrriding MobiLinc's automatic sync parsing.

I'll look into the device code for the 220 volt relays and add support in for those in the next release.

Thanks!
Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Return to MobiLinc and iOS4