MobilLinc not working with iOS4.2

Information Regarding MobiLinc and iOS4

MobilLinc not working with iOS4.2

Postby Tim » Mon Nov 29, 2010 1:56 pm

I’ve been running MobiLinc Pro on my iPad and it has been working, though sometimes when I start it, it will start and then exit, but after a few tries, it will start running.

However, I now have a bigger problem. I upgraded my iPad to iOS4.2 this weekend, and now the app will not work at all. It will start, and it will do an initial communication as I get a message about one of my devices that is in error (a RemoteLinc) and then get another message about one of my switches that is installed and linked, but has since failed. I got these message before I upgrade so they are not the issue, but it at least appears whatever initial communication check the software does, it is working. After that clicking OK to each of these message, I can’t do anything. I can see the main app screen, but I am unable to click on any of the functions. Not even the 2x button in the lower right corner will work.

I am connecting via an ISY99 over WiFi
Tim

Re: MobilLinc not working with iOS4.2

Postby kyguy » Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:21 pm

FYI , I'm having the same issue with my iPhone. Happens when I have errors as you mentioned.
kyguy

Postby AdminWes » Mon Nov 29, 2010 7:43 pm

Hi all,

Thank you for the feedback. This is a known issue with how the new iOS4 releases render the MobiLinc error messages when the ISY broadcasts out more than one device error message back-to-back and MobiLinc attempts to display them. Good news is there is a workaround you can do to get around this while I work through the Apple release process to get a new version in your hands.

1. Force close MobiLinc by double-tapping the home button to bring up the task tray. Press and hold the MobiLinc icon till it shakes and then tap the "-" minus sign to close it.
2. Option 1: Go into the ISY Java console interface and disable the devices that are causing the device error messages. OR Option 2: Go into the Settings of the iOS device and scroll down where MobiLinc is listed and select MobiLinc. Scroll down the list and find the option called "Display Device Errors". Toggle this option "OFF".
3. Back out to the main launch page and re-launch MobiLinc. MobiLinc will ignore these device error messages from your ISY and not display them thus bypassing the lock-up condition.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby Tim » Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:19 pm

Wes,

Thanks. I did option 2 and it is once again working.

Appreciate the quick response. Looking forward to the next version as well.

Tim
Tim

Postby AdminWes » Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:44 am

Thanks Tim, glad to hear Option 2 got you back up and running again. I'll post back once we've submitted an update to Apple.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Return to MobiLinc and iOS4