Finding Resource Mgr

Post your feature suggestions and questions here!

Finding Resource Mgr

Postby ericdhvac » Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:41 pm

Hello,
I'm new to the forum and am trying to sort out the control of my Insteon/ Brultech system. I have an ISY99i IR PRO with firmware version 3.1.17 and 2 brultech 1240's that I'm trying access and control through my Ipad2 that I just loaded Orchestrated MobiLinc onto, I really don't see the difference between Mobilinc Pro and orch. I searched this forum looking for setup procedures, I found where it says to go to my settings and scroll down to Resource Mgr but I can't find it. I'm gathering that I have to use the Resource Mgr to be able to download the different plug-in's.
I have Mobilinc Pro on 2 Iphones and Mobilinc HD on an Ipad 1 and has worked well for me, just wanted to step it up a bit on the Ipad2

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Eric
ericdhvac

Re: Finding Resource Mgr

Postby AdminWes » Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:45 am

Hi Eric,

If you are running Orchestrated MobiLinc on your iPhone it will look like MobiLinc Pro but includes the Resource Manager plug-in. If you run Orchestrated MobiLinc on your iPad it will look like MobiLinc HD with the Resource Manager plug-in included.

To setup the Resource Manager first make sure you are connected to your ISY and you can sync and control your devices. Then, go to My Settings->Lighting Controller and scroll down to the bottom. Here you can Enable Resource Manager for Day, Night, or Both.

Once enabled go to My Devices or My Scenes and find a device or scene you'd like to setup with Resource Manager settings.
Tap the device or scene and scroll down to find Resource Manager under Module or Scene Options.
Tap on Resource Manager.
Here you can configure Resource Manager for your device or scene.

Let me know if I can help answer any other questions.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby ericdhvac » Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:35 pm

Thanks Wes, it must have been staring me right in the face the whole time, now can you tell me how to get the various plug-in's?

Thanks
ericdhvac

Postby AdminWes » Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:01 pm

Hi Eric,

I'm not sure what you are asking, so let me take my best guess to answer your question.

Orchestrated MobiLinc comes with the Resource Manager feature built in. There are no other plug-ins necessary.

If you are using MobiLinc Pro or HD and you are connected to a 3.1.17 ISY you should see a "My Plug-ins" on the main page or under My Settings->Shopping. Here you have the option to purchase the Resource Manager feature for MobiLinc.

Does that answer your question? If not, please explain what you mean by: "how to get the various plug-in's".

Thanks,
Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby ericdhvac » Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:07 pm

I thought there was a plug in to be able to monitor the Brultech through Mobi. and also ip cameras, or do I find them within the ISY. Sorry I'm a bit new to this.

Thanks, Eric
ericdhvac

Postby AdminWes » Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:30 am

Hi Eric,

The Energy Monitor just comes included in MobiLinc. You don't need to do anything new here for MobiLinc. You'll get the energy features of MobiLinc if MobiLinc sees the Brultech through the ISY. What's required is the Energy Monitor module for the ISY to be installed. Once installed and setup with your Brultech the ISY will have access to your Brultech which will enable MobiLinc to show your Brultech energy data.

Keep in mind that the ISY Energy Monitor only supports one Brultech energy monitor.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Return to Feature Requests and Questions