Multiple installations

Post your feature suggestions and questions here!

Multiple installations

Postby dicksam » Tue Sep 21, 2010 6:12 pm

If I buy Orchestrated MobiLinc and put it on my Ipod touch can I put MobiLinc Pro on another IPod Touch, or my notebook or cell phone without additional cost??
dicksam

Re: Multiple installations

Postby AdminWes » Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:26 am

Hi dicksam,

I apologize for the very delayed response. I've been out at CEDIA all last week with limited access to email and web.

Orchestrated MobiLinc and MobiLinc Pro work just like all of Apple's apps in terms of sharing with other devices. As long as the devices you want to put any version of MobiLinc on are all registered to the same iTunes account, you can buy it once and install on all your registered devices. So if you buy Orchestrated MobiLinc you can install it onto all your associated iOS devices under the iTunes account that Orchestrated MobiLinc was purchased under.

Does that help? Let me know if I can help answer any other questions.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby imagamejunky » Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:21 am

Hi Wes.
I want a solution that will allow control of ISY, Elk, and IP cameras from a wall mountable tablet with voice control. It appears that my only option is to switch to Apple and this really frustrates me. Please clarify some information for me before I go against my better judgement and purchase some iOS devices.

Your Mobilinc webpage clearly states "If you have multiple iOS devices or are planning on purchasing an iPad, MobiLinc HD is the recommended app. Buy once and install on all your iOS devices."
I understand that with the new apple family share, any iOS devices that share the same credit card can share the same applications. My question here is about the plugins. If I purchase Orchestrated Mobilinc (or Mobilinc HD) and all of the plugins for Elk, IP cameras, voice control, etc.. will everything transfer on ALL ipads and iphones with the same itunes account and associated credit card? I would likely be purchasing 2 or 3 ipads for the house and my wife wants the new iphone 6. I just want to be 100% sure that I will only have to pay for mobilinc and all of the plugins once. What about Mobilinc Connect on multiple devices?

This brings me to one more question.
Does Mobilinc synchronize the status of insteon lights, the elk M1, and thermostats across all of the iOS devices in the home? For example, if I change the status of the Elk or activate a lighting scene on one ipad in the home will ALL of the ipads show the correct status change?

Please respond soon.
Thanks
Nick
imagamejunky

Postby AdminWes » Wed Oct 01, 2014 6:20 am

Hi Nick,

Your Family sharing question is probably better directed at Apple as we don't actually control these details. However, the way I understand it to work is yes, purchases and plug-ins will transfer. I enabled app sharing on iOS months ago retroactively. The one I'm not 100% sure on is plug-ins. They should, but again, I'm not totally clear on Apple's Family share details at this level.

MobiLinc Connect is tied to the ISY. You only have to pay for your ISY's connection to us and can use it on all your Android/iOS devices.

Last question: Yes. When MobiLinc is running it's connected to your ISY (or our servers). In all cases status displayed is in real-time. Change the device on one iPad or physically change the device and status is propagated to all other devices running MobiLinc.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby imagamejunky » Thu Oct 02, 2014 1:28 pm

Thanks for getting back to me Wes. I have some questions and will post them in the appropriate forum
imagamejunky

Return to Feature Requests and Questions