Issue with Audio Level and Touch

Post your feature suggestions and questions here!

Issue with Audio Level and Touch

Postby rssorensen » Mon Jul 07, 2014 2:30 pm

I use Geo-fence to activate and de-activate Mobilinc such that whenever I'm near home I can speak to my iPhone and control various things on my network.
I have noticed a couple of things related to this feature.
1) The audio level changes when exiting or entering the geo-fence area (i.e when Mobilinc is running or not)
If I use my phone and speaker mode and listen to pod-cast or books then the volume change such that Mobilinc is active the max level is reduced. Similar - as soon as I exit Mobilinc - the audio level goes up.

2) Touch on at least 1 app does not work.
I use AVControl from Pioneer to control my Home Teather receiver. When Mobilinc is running (red bar in the top of the screen) it's like touch of my phone doesn't work.

Any thoughts whether these are iOS issues or Mobilinc bugs ?

thanks,
Robert
rssorensen

Re: Issue with Audio Level and Touch

Postby AdminWes » Mon Jul 07, 2014 3:27 pm

Hi Robert,

1. Yes, this is by design. When the mic is ON, iOS will "duck" any other audio playing so that the conditions are as optimal as possible for listening for voice commands from the mic while still allowing audio to play.

2. We haven't seen this behavior before. iOS runs apps in a sandbox, meaning that there's nothing one app can do to impact another app. The red bar at top is controlled by iOS when a background app is using the mic. As for touch on the AVControl app, no idea. Have you rebooted the iOS device? Does the AVControl app expect to have access to the mic?

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby rssorensen » Mon Jul 07, 2014 4:35 pm

Hi Wes

Thanks for answering 1.

For 2) - No I don't think AVControl uses the microphone at all.

thanks,
Robert
rssorensen

Postby AdminWes » Mon Jul 07, 2014 5:42 pm

Thanks Robert,

One thing you can do to see if the mic is impacting AVControl is to use another app like Skype that will use the mic in the background to see if you can replicate the same touch issues in AVControl. If so, I'd recommend contacting their tech support.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Return to Feature Requests and Questions