Touchscreen Application

Post your feature suggestions and questions here!

Touchscreen Application

Postby NewTech » Sun Jan 09, 2011 1:09 pm

I'm fairly new to this forum and I first off want to say how pleased I am with MobiLinc! It's one of the reasons I selected the iPhone (but of course not the only reason!) and why I enjoy using my iPhone everyday.

Something I'd like to see you design is an app for the ISY which would turn the "i" series of Apple devices into touch screen controllers. This idea came from a designer (that I believe is in conjunction with Universal Devices) called InterfaceGo http://www.interfacego.com/. This great program turns a Nokia N810 into a user friendly touchscreen application.

Since I don't want to purchase several N810 to keep lying around the house I'd like to see you take the present MobiLinc app and design something along the lines of the InterfaceGo Nokia application. I already have a few iPods already lying around the house anyway!!!

Thanks for maybe considering this idea.

Mike R.
NewTech

Re: Touchscreen Application

Postby AdminWes » Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:36 am

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the suggestion. I'm actually already doing this with MobiLinc HD for the iPad that just entered beta testing this week. With the iPad's larger screen I'm taking the approach of a GUI similar to other home touchscreen controllers. Look for MobiLinc HD to be available in Feb.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby NewTech » Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:06 am

AdminWes wrote:Hi Mike,

Thanks for the suggestion. I'm actually already doing this with MobiLinc HD for the iPad that just entered beta testing this week. With the iPad's larger screen I'm taking the approach of a GUI similar to other home touchscreen controllers. Look for MobiLinc HD to be available in Feb.

Wes

Thank you, Wes!

Now, another question... Will this work on iPhone and iPod Touch?

Thanks,

Mike R.
NewTech

Postby AdminWes » Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:19 pm

Hi Mike,

Yes, MobiLinc HD is a universal application that will work on the iPhone/touch, however, when running on the iPhone it will look like MobiLinc Pro does today. After MobiLinc HD is released, I will followup with a MobiLinc Pro/HD update that will take some of the features from MobiLinc HD on the iPad and incorporate them into MobiLinc Pro.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Return to Feature Requests and Questions