Confused about voice control

Post your feature suggestions and questions here!

Confused about voice control

Postby miataguy » Thu Mar 10, 2016 8:43 pm

I bought the voice plug-in under the assumption that Siri would be able to tell Mobilinc to control my devices. But I haven't been able to figure out how to do that. It seems the only way voice control works is to fire up the Mobilinc app and click on the little microphone icon.

That isn't good enough. Its essential that I be able to set it up to work via accessibility features only. I.e., via Siri. Its not acceptable that it requires several finger keystrokes before accepting microphone input.

How can I make it work via Siri?
miataguy

Re: Confused about voice control

Postby AdminWes » Fri Mar 11, 2016 7:51 am

Hi miataguy,

Siri isn't available for developers to tap into. The only way you can use Siri to control lighting devices in the home is via HomeKit which the ISY is not HomeKit compatible.

However, there is another option.

We released our Alexa skill integration for the Amazon Echo device last month. What this allows you to do is use the Amazon Echo to voice control all your devices, scenes, and programs in your home with the Echo connected to your MobiLinc Connect cloud account. No button presses required. Just simply talk to Alexa to have it issue your commands: http://mobilinc.com/features/echo/

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby miataguy » Fri Mar 11, 2016 8:12 am

Thanks - is there a way to get a refund on the Voice control plug-in? I have no use for it.
miataguy

Postby AdminWes » Fri Mar 11, 2016 4:29 pm

For refund requests, please contact iTunes support as we can't issue refunds as 3rd party developers.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Return to Feature Requests and Questions