Request for dock area shortcuts

Post your feature suggestions and questions here!

Request for dock area shortcuts

Postby Leecast » Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:43 pm

Hi! I would like the ability to add some shortcuts to the dock area of Orchestrated Mobilinc.

I have a bunch of smart home tech from different brands, and in some cases, having rapid access to fire their OEM apps from the Mobilinc doc would be useful.

To give an example, I have an Ring doorbell. Being able to fire up that app quickly when there is motion at the door, or someone comes to it is important. Having a shortcut icon right on the mobilinc doc would help.

I leave a number of wall-mounted iPads running on the Mobilinc screen all the time. Those apps are in the iPad doc, but the extra step of hitting the home button to get there is not ideal. Leaving the ML interface up, as if it is the OS/GUI is pretty sweet.

Just a thought...

Thanks,
Lee
Leecast

Re: Request for dock area shortcuts

Postby AdminWes » Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:39 pm

Interesting, thanks Lee. One issue we have to be careful of with Apple is we can't create a launch panel with separate apps from other vendors. That's expressly forbidden by App review. I've passed this along internally to consider.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby Leecast » Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:38 pm

OK, thanks. Even having the icons somewhere in the the open space above the doc area in Mobilinc would be useful. That too would keep the dock less cluttered.

Appreciate your time and feedback. I imagine I will come up with additional things to run by you. Love the product, and use it because I am a maker and dreamer.

Cheers!
Lee
Leecast

Postby AdminWes » Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:59 pm

Thanks Lee!
AdminWes
Site Admin

Return to Feature Requests and Questions