Resource Manager timer problems

Post any issues or bug reports here!

Resource Manager timer problems

Postby tbuchber » Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:26 am

I recently purchased an ISY 994i ZW+/IR PRO; it is running 5.0.14. I also purchased Orchestrated Mobilinc (OM). I am having some problems with Resource Manager (RM).

In OM, I did enable RM for Day and Night. Then, when I view a device (for example, an Insteon LampLinc ByPhy v.43), I can see the availability of four timers. I have the following devices that I have gone into, from OM, and setup a single timer for each.
  • Christmas tree lights (Insteon LampLinc ByPhy v.43); scheduled from sunset to 1 AM (next day)
  • Front Room Plant LIghts (Insteon LampLinc BiPhy v.41); scheduled from sunset to 1 AM (next day)
  • Fred's Light (Insteon LampLinc BiPhy v.43); scheduled from sunrise to 10:30 PM
  • Mantel Lights (Insteon LampLinc BiPhy v.43); scheduled from sunset to 1 AM (next day)
  • Stairs Nightlights (Insteon 2477D Dual Band SwitchLinc Dimmer v.45); scheduled from sunset to sunrise

Inside of OM, everything seems okay. However, I believe these never triggered (on or off); I think I set these up about a week ago (at least 4-5 days ago). In looking into this, I found, in Admin Console, the Programs, Details, Resource Manager v1.0, Devices programs. I assume that OM is writing these programs back to the ISY. I looked through all of the device programs and found only three (3) timers (for example, 35 36 7E 1_Timer1). If I look in OM, all five (5) devices appear to have timers. If I close OM and re-open, two (2) timers "disappear" from OM. I believe that is because OM is syncing with the ISY and the ISY only really has 3 (for some reason).

If I go back into OM and add one timer back (to go from 3 to 4 timers; across four different devices), one of the "original" 3 timers disappears from Admin Console as soon as OM "saves".

I also noticed some other weird stuff related Day/Night. For example, below are several RM programs. I (obviously?) copied/typed this from my ISY Admin Console into here. You will notice that some Day programs are running unrelated other Day programs. The '29 2 C9 1_Night' program is running '35 36 7E 1_Day' (i.e., the Kitchen Table Lights night program is running the Christmas Tree Lights program).

Note that I did NOT edit any of the RM programs in the ISY Admin Console.

Code: Select all
Folder: 1D CF 2D 1
   Program: 1D CF 2D 1_Day

If
          Program 'Daytime' is True
      And Program 'EnableDay' is True
      And 'Family Room / Family Room Lights' Status > Off
      And 'Family Room / Family Room Lights' Status < 97%

Then
          Run Program '29 2 C9 1' (Then Path)
   Else
          Stop program '29 2 C9 1'

Folder: 29 2 C9 1
   Program: 29 2 C9 1_Day

If
      And 'Kitchen / Kitchen Table Lights' Status > Off
      And 'Kitchen / Kitchen Table Lights' Status < 97%

Then
          Run Program '2E 32 28 1_Timer1' (Then Path)
   Else
          Stop program '2E 32 28 1_Timer1'

Program: 29 2 C9 1_Night

If
          Program 'Daytime' is False
      And Program 'EnableNight' is True
      And 'Kitchen / Kitchen Table Lights' Status > Off
      And 'Kitchen / Kitchen Table Lights' Status < 97%

Then
          Run Program '35 36 7E 1_Day' (Then Path)
   Else
          Stop program '35 36 7E 1_Day'

Folder: 2E 32 28 1
   Program: 2E 32 28 1_Timer1

If
          From   Sunset
          To      1:00:00AM (next day)

Then
          Set 'Front Room / Front Room Plant Lights' on 100%
   Else
          Set 'Front Room / Front Room Plant Lights' off

Folder: 35 36 7E 1
   Program: 35 36 7E 1_Day

If
      And 'Front Room / Christmas Tree Lights' Status > Off
      And 'Front Room / Christmas Tree Lights' Status < 97%

Then
          Run Program '35 36 7E 1_DayMacro' (Then Path)
   Else
          Stop program '35 36 7E 1_DayMacro'

Program: 35 36 7E 1_DayMacro

If
       - No Conditions - (To add one, press 'Schedule' or 'Condition')

Then
          Wait 15 minutes
          Disable Program '35 36 7E 1_Day'
          Wait 8 seconds
          Set 'Front Room / Christmas Tree Lights' on 70%
          Wait 8 seconds
          Enable Program '35 36 7E 1_Day'
          Wait 2 minutes
          Set 'Front Room / Christmas Tree Lights' off
   Else
       - No Actions - (To add one, press 'Action')

Program: 35 36 7E 1_Timer1

If
          From   Sunset
          To      1:00:00AM (next day)

Then
          Disable Program '35 36 7E 1_Day'
          Disable Program '35 36 7E 1_DayMacro'
          Set 'Front Room / Christmas Tree Lights' on 95%
   Else
          Set 'Front Room / Christmas Tree Lights' off
          Enable Program '35 36 7E 1_Day'
          Enable Program '35 36 7E 1_DayMacro'

Thoughts/ideas?

Thanks.
tbuchber

Re: Resource Manager timer problems

Postby AdminWes » Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:19 pm

Hello,

It sounds like MobiLinc might not have had all the info when RM was set up initially. Try this:

- In the Admin Console, delete the Resource Manager folder.
- Click Save and wait for the ISY to stop being busy.
- Open MobiLinc and go to Settings->Lighting Controller->Sync->Update Only.
- Wait until finished.
- Setup Resource Manager again with just one time at a time with the Admin Console closed. Do not leave this open.
- Open the Admin Console after each Timer save to confirm it made it and then close the Admin Console again. We don't want any possible interference from Admin Console during the creation phase.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby tbuchber » Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:40 pm

Still not working. Here is what I did and the results I got.

I did:
  1. Closed both Admin Console and OM.
  2. Opened Admin Console.
  3. In Admin Console, in Programs, deleted the Resource Manager folder.
  4. Clicked Save Changes and waited until complete.
  5. Closed Admin Console.
  6. Opened OM.
  7. In OM, went to Settings->Lighting Controller->Sync->Update Only. Waited until finished.
  8. In OM, went to Settings->Lighting Controller->Resource Manager and set it Day & Night.
  9. In OM, went to Devices->Front Room->Christmas Tree Lights->Resource Manager->Custom Timer Slot 1: settings: On; On at Sunset; Until: 1:00AM.
  10. Saved changes; waited to complete and ISY to be not busy.
  11. Closed OM.
  12. Opened Admin Console and checked. My one timer was there.
  13. Closed Admin Console.
    [*} Opened OM.
  14. In OM, went to Devices->Front Room->Front Room Plant Lights->Resource Manager->Custom Timer Slot 1: settings: On; On at 1:03AM; Until: 4:00AM.
  15. Saved changes; waited to complete and ISY to be not busy.
  16. Closed OM.
  17. Opened Admin Console and checked. Only one timer was there, the last one I set (Front Room Plant Lights).

Then I tried the following:
  1. Closed OM.
  2. Opened Admin Console.
  3. In Admin Console, in Programs, deleted the Resource Manager folder.
  4. Clicked Save Changes and waited until complete.
  5. Closed Admin Console. After this, I did not go back into Admin Console.
  6. Opened OM.
  7. In OM, went to Settings->Lighting Controller->Sync->Update Only. Waited until finished.
  8. In OM, went to Settings->Lighting Controller->Resource Manager and set it Day & Night.
  9. In OM, went to Devices->Front Room->Christmas Tree Lights->Resource Manager->Custom Timer Slot 1: settings: On; On at Sunset; Until: 1:00AM.
  10. Saved changes; waited to complete and ISY to be not busy.
  11. In OM, went to Settings->Lighting Controller->Sync->Update Only. Waited until finished.
  12. In OM, checked and the timer was still set correctly.
  13. In OM, went to Devices->Front Room->Front Room Plant Lights->Resource Manager->Custom Timer Slot 1: settings: On; On at 1:03AM; Until: 4:00AM.
  14. Saved changes; waited to complete and ISY to be not busy.
  15. In OM, went to Settings->Lighting Controller->Sync->Update Only. Waited until finished.
  16. In OM, checked the two devices and only one timer was there, the last one I set (Front Room Plant Lights).

I repeated the steps above (my third "try") and got the same results.

Questions
  • OM->Settings->Lighting Controller->Resource Manager must NOT be on OFF in order to use timers, correct? I set it to Day & Night.
  • In OM, I should not need to use the Day and/or Night resource saving features in order to use timers, correct?

Other info:
  • My ISY (ISY 994i ZW+/IR PRO) is a refurb from Orchestrated Home.
  • Orchestrated Home loaded 5.0.14 (2018-10-18-11:39:32) onto my ISY (I did not request that, they did it, and I think that makes sense for them to do).
  • Admin Console version is 5.0.14 (2018-10-18-11:32:47).
  • I do not have an SD card in by ISY.
  • Internet Access in Admin Console is disabled.
  • System Status: Active: Yes; Total: 3956 MB; Reserved: 395 MB; Used: 10 MB; Bad: 0 B; Free: 3550 MB
  • I do not have ELK.
  • All my current devices are Insteon.
  • Admin Console->Configuration->System->System: HTML Role: Admin; Query at Restart: checked; Wait while busy reading: checked; Catch up schedules at Restart: checked; Missed Schedule Grace Period: 10, 0

Thoughts?
tbuchber

Postby AdminWes » Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:32 am

Thank you for all those details.

5.0.14 is beta firmware and I do not recommend that it be used for anything outside of testing the 5.x line of firmware releases. If you can revert back to the official firmware release 4.7.3 I would HIGHLY recommend that you do so. Programs changed dramatically in 5.x compared to 4.x and RM is only tested against the official firmware releases.

If just using timers, you do not need to enable Day/Night. Just setting up timers is fine.

This info line: "I do not have an SD card in by ISY." I'm curious how that's possible. The ISY-994i doesn't have any internal storage. Everything is stored and runs off the included SD card including saving programs.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby tbuchber » Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:08 pm

Well, I did not add an SD card. I did not realize that one was needed. My bad, sorry about that.

For now, I probably will stick with 5.x and hope that you can resolve the issues. I assume that you plan on eventually fixing this problem. The reason I went with RM is partly so that it is more approachable for my wife.

In the meantime, I will add manual timers (using Admin Console programs). I am a web develop in my day job, so I think I can handle doing that. ;)

Regarding enable Day/Night, I was referring to OM->Settings->Lighting Controller->Resource Manager, Day & Night. That must be enabled (Day, Night, or Day & Night) in order to use timers, correct? I believe I tried not enabling that, but then I cannot set a timer (I think I get a message saying I have to enable RM).

Thanks for the help.
tbuchber

Return to Bug Reports