iPhone/iPad missing devices in Homeseer

Post your HomeSeer plug-in comments and feedback here.

iPhone/iPad missing devices in Homeseer

Postby MikeA » Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:10 pm

I have installed the Homeseer beta plugin as well as the HS Mobilinc app on my iphone. When I connect with my iphone I only get 2 of my 12 devices showing up. I can control those 2 devices. All devices are X10 modules with zwave planned in the future to control thermostats and eventually lighting.
I have 12 devices in 6 groups. Of the two devices that show up on my iphone, one is in a group of 3 total devices (the other two in that group don't show up), and the other is in a group by itself.
Most of my devices are appliance modules, if that makes a difference. Of the two that show up, one is a lamp module, and one is an inwall switch module.
I have been able to connect with Homeseer via my iphone and ipad, both inside my local network, and over the internet. In all cases, I still get just two devices.
Thanks.
Mike Aymar
MikeA

Re: iPhone/iPad missing devices in Homeseer

Postby AdminWes » Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:49 am

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the feedback. We've implemented the plugin to filter out devices reported from HS that don't "appear" to be real devices (like iTunes for example, as this doesn't have a good GUI integrface in our client HS MobiLinc yet).

It sounds like our algorithm may have aggressivly filtered out valid devices. The easiest way that I can see what happened is if I could trouble you for a screenshot of HS running on the device page showing an example of a device that is in HS, but not appearing in HS MobiLinc. In most cases the screenshot of the device missing from HS MobiLinc will give us a clue as to why the plug-in filtered it out.

Please send to wes@mobileintegratedsolutions.com

The beta plug-in does not support thermostats yet, but this support is coming.

Thanks!
Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby AdminWes » Thu Dec 02, 2010 7:04 am

Hi Mike,

Thank you for the screenshot, this gave us some clues, but not the whole picture yet. If you would be so kind as to download the latest version posted this morning (0.5.2) and send me the log file this will tell us exactly what we need to do differently to get all your devices appearing in HS MobiLinc.

Here are the steps to collect the log file:
1. Install the new 0_5_2 version.
2. Run HomeSeer.
3. Go to the Mobilinc Setup WebPage (Setup->Interfaces->Mobilinc->Config).
4. Change the "Logging Level" to Verbose.
5. Click Save to save the changes.
6. Launch HS Mobilinc on your iOS device. This will cause the log file to be updated with the info we need.
7. Go to your HomeSeer directory. (Usually C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HSPRO or C:\Program Files\HomeSeer).
8. Find the file HSPI_Mobilinc.log and email me that file.

Thank you for all your help!
Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby MikeA » Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:47 pm

Wes
Thanks. I didn't have a chance to install the new beta, but I will tomorrow morning
and send you the log.
I did do an experiment and changed all my device types to Lamp Module. Voila, they
all showed up in my iPhone device list. When I changed them back to the original
device types they disappeared. So, it is indeed some sort of filtering going on.
Mike
MikeA

Postby AdminWes » Fri Dec 03, 2010 4:18 pm

Perfect, thanks Mike! The log should give us what we need to make the right change.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Return to HomeSeer Plug-in Feedback and Comments