HOW-TO: Transfer Settings and Plug-ins

Tips and support for MobiLinc Pro/Lite and Orchestrated MobiLinc for iOS. MobiLinc Pro/Lite/Orchestrated MobiLinc supports all ISY-99x series controllers. Supported technology includes: INSTEON, Z-Wave, and X10.

HOW-TO: Transfer Settings and Plug-ins

Postby AdminWes » Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:47 am

With MobiLinc Pro Version 3.00.00 and MobiLinc HD/Orchestrated MobiLinc 1.01.00, MobiLinc now has the capability to transfer settings and plug-ins from one iOS device to another iOS device. Transfer to and from Pro/HD/Orchestrated and all combinations within the Pro/HD/Orchestrated family.

**Please note, when transferring settings from one device to another, the receiving device will erase its entire database and all settings when receiving a new database.

Here's how to transfer settings or plug-ins from one iOS device to another iOS device:

1. On the device that is RECEIVING the new settings or plug-ins, go to My Settings->Copy Settings or Plug-Ins.
2. Select "I'm Receiving"
3. Before the 30 seconds are complete, on the device that is SENDING the new settings or plug-ins, go to My Settings->Copy Settings or Plug-Ins.
4. Select "I'm Sending"
5. Select "Send Settings" or "Share Plug-Ins"

MobiLinc will now attempt to establish a connection between the two devices. If successful, MobiLinc will display a notification of success. If MobiLinc cannot see the receiving device, please verify that both devices are on the same Wi-Fi network and the receiving device is counting down from 30 when the sending device attempts to send the Settings or Plug-Ins.
AdminWes
Site Admin

Return to MobiLinc Pro/Lite and Orchestrated MobiLinc (iOS)