Tools-Trend charting

Post your new feature requests here!

Tools-Trend charting

Postby AlanF » Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:12 pm

I have a few on my "want" list.

1. Trend view: I use the charting function fairly often to monitor humidity and temp trends, availble from the UD Admin Console, Tools, Trend(chart). It would be nice to see that on MobiLinc HD. I'm new to MobiLinc, but love it so far.

2. Program thermostat: Also, I'm not sure if the Venstar thermostats would support this function over the Insteon network, but it would be great to be able to program the thermostat, set the time, etc through MobiLinc.

3. View/change programs: I'd also like to be able to view the content code, if not change the programs via MobiLinc. It is nice to be able to trigger them from the app, but sometimes I need to look at what it does before I run it.

4. Use icons on main screens: I might be missing something simple, but I found the option to change the selected Icon in "Advanced Options", and did so for fans, lamps, etc, but that didn't change the views under Favorites, Scenes, or Devices. I still just see normal toggle switches, instead of the newly selected icons. If this is the expected behavior, I'd like to see that updated someday.

5. Add battery indicator: Sometimes I have to leave the app, just to see the battery level... very minor.

Great product... keep up the good work.

Thanks,
Alan
AlanF

Re: Tools-Trend charting

Postby AdminWes » Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:03 am

Hi Alan,

Thanks for the feedback. Here are my comments:

1. Trend View - We hadn't looked into adding this as it had never been requested before. We'll take a look at the data the trend view shows and see if it makes sense to add it to MobiLinc.

2. Program thermostat - The ISY and thus MobiLinc can't change the actual programming of the thermostat directly. However, through programs you can change the setpoints and thermostat modes. We're looking at adding in this capability into our Resource Manager plug-in for ISY+MobiLinc installs.

3. View/Change Programs - This is very difficult to implement. The Admin Console does a great job at displaying the contents of the programs and we've been reluctant to duplicate that functionality in MobiLinc as the effort to do so is very labor intensive.

4. Use icons on main screens - Right now only the "real" switches appear as the interface to your devices and scenes. As a future upgrade we are considering allowing the icons to be used instead, but this is not currently implemented.

5. Battery indicator - We hadn't considered adding this to the app. We will consider this, thanks.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby andyf0 » Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:15 am

+1 for the battery indicator. Or just leave the top bar visible.
andyf0

Postby AlanF » Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:05 pm

Hi Wes,

Thanks for considering items 1 and 5, and I understand about 2 and 3... figured it couldn't hurt to ask. :) Since I'm asking, I've got a couple more... I really like the display of local temp with hi/low in the upper-right corner.

I'd love to see a wind speed and direction to the left of that, maybe like the way weatherbug displays it with a compass for direction, with the speed in the center.

I'd also like an icon displaying current weather conditions, such as sunny / cloudy / raining / snowing, like the weather stations use in their forcasts. Maybe even an indicator for rain so far today, in the form of a rain gauge.

I'd like an alert option for rain, heavy wind, or other storms. I have the advantage of living just a few miles east of my weatherbug site, so getting alerted on the ipad to coming rain or wind would be great. I know some might view the display as too cluttered by adding wind and rain info to the main screen, so maybe make it an option to turn those items off if you don't want them?

Hopefully others would find these displays useful as well.

Thanks,
Alan
AlanF

Postby AdminWes » Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:29 am

Thanks Alan (and Andy's vote) for all the suggestions, we will consider these.

Just so that expectations are clear, we're working on a number of other features right now such as IP camera support and ELK security panel support. While suggestions like these, I agree are good to add and do add value, they are currently low priority for us until we can release these new featured plug-ins for the MobiLinc apps.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby AlanF » Fri Apr 06, 2012 2:58 pm

Understood... no pressure on timing. I just wanted to give a few suggestions, as I know they can be helpful in the development process.

In "My favorites", it would be ideal to be able to swipe left/right to access the other views, rather than hitting the individual buttons for scenes/devices/programs.

I look forward to IP camera support. I have not purchased any yet, but am considering the new Smarthome IP camera. Is it on your early support list, or do you have suggestions for what to get?

Thanks,
Alan
AlanF

Postby AdminWes » Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:35 pm

Thanks Alan, we always appreciate the suggestions and "wish list" from our users.

Yes! The SmartHome IP Cams will be supported with the first release of the IP Camera plug-in. They are actually based on the Foscam IP Cam model which we will support as well.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Return to New Features for MobiLinc HD