Potential enhancement direction for MobilincConnect

Post your new feature requests here!

Potential enhancement direction for MobilincConnect

Postby arw01 » Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:07 pm

While browsing various ISY forums on universal-devices website, I see a need for a "data" aggregator and "data pusher" application outside of running a machine at home all the time.

E.g. the current thread there on various weather stations that you can have at your own home. People want to be able to have the ISY get that information into variables via rest commands to use in their programs.

I could see an enhancement for mobiconnect to have simple xml parsing or specific reg ex functions that I could pull information from pages or send information from devices I own to mobiconnect for updating into my ISY.

I have a couple TX-60 temperature sensors that report to the web, that I would like to have Mobilinc display for me on a home page.

Refresh this page to get the latest values for your TX-60 devices.
Name Probe Device Hum Last Seen Batt Link
Greenhouse 31.4 °F 35.8 °F 80% 12/19 11:59 AM OK 100 %
Shop 66.3 °F 46.6 °F 61% 12/19 11:55 AM OK 100 %

Also I would like to see Bluestacks support so I can run the mobilinc on my desktop while at work or from a hotel etc.
arw01

Re: Potential enhancement direction for MobilincConnect

Postby AdminWes » Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:59 pm

Thanks for the suggestions. We are considering various ways to expand the MobiLinc Connect platform and some of our ideas do cross over into what you've suggested.

Bluestacks supports is interesting. They have a syncer to sync your phone apps to their platform, have you tried that? How well does it work? We have no idea what underlying APIs they do or don't support, looks like it's still in beta.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Re: Potential enhancement direction for MobilincConnect

Postby arw01 » Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:42 pm

I have not quite got it figured out how to install into Bluestacks, yet. Sideloading it doesn't seem to finish (no error though) and pulling it up from their app search tells me the google store is basically not found.
arw01

Return to New Features for MobiLinc HD