Remove "Devices" root folder?

Post your new feature requests here!

Remove "Devices" root folder?

Postby cmidgley » Tue Feb 11, 2014 3:38 pm

Just a suggestion ... Since the ISY requires a root folder for the devices, it seems an unnecessary extra step to navigate into that folder. I did try renaming it to be excluded - but that excluded all devices within it (which makes sense).

Thanks,

- Chris
cmidgley

Re: Remove "Devices" root folder?

Postby AdminWes » Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:24 am

Hi Chris,

Can you post a screenshot of your ISY's Admin Console showing this? As far as I'm aware, you can have your devices/scenes under the very top level "ISY" folder. MobiLinc doesn't display the absolute root folder. Just everything under that very top level node.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby cmidgley » Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:40 am

Interesting ... I did some more experiments. Appears that in ISY I can not drag folders to the root ("Network") nor create new folders off the root. But I can create them (of course) off of "Devices" (which I've renamed to "Our Home"). Then, I can select the folder and say "Remove from Folder" which will put it at the root. So with a few tricks it does appear possible to move them to the root, but it isn't the "default" behavior of the ISY program.

Easy to reproduce - just try to right-mouse click the root. You can't create a folder. But from within the "Devices" folder (or any other) you are welcome to create more folders. Then you can right-click those folders and choose "Remove from folder" and the folder will appear in the root.

It's feels like a hack, but does appear to work. Is that what you are suggesting - to remove all devices (and their folders) from the default ISY Devices folder? Or do you find a different experience with your ISY?

Thanks so much for you help...

- Chris
cmidgley

Postby AdminWes » Fri Feb 14, 2014 6:14 am

Hi Chris,

It would be best if you can post a screenshot of your Admin Console so I can better understand what you are looking at. Or, you can send it to support@mobilinc.com.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Return to New Features for MobiLinc HD