Kwikset 916 icon mismatch

Post your new feature requests here!

Kwikset 916 icon mismatch

Postby dirgler » Sun Feb 22, 2015 5:28 pm

Hi ...
I have just installed my first of four Kwikset 916 locksets. Mine seemed to pair up nicely with the ISY after I excluded it and updated the Z Wave firmware in the ISY.

My question is about the icon in my dashboard and today screens. Somehow on my phone the "locked" vs "unlocked" icon became out of sync. It reads "locked" - correctly - but the icon shows unlocked. If I unlock the lock, it reads "unlocked" - again, correctly, but the icon shows a locked (red) icon.

I tried syncing with ISY - and locking/unlocking a few times. Hasn't worked so far. It seems to have affected my phone AND my ipad.

Thoughts?
dirgler

Re: Kwikset 916 icon mismatch

Postby dirgler » Sun Feb 22, 2015 7:22 pm

Hmmm - second one installed ... same thing.

It occurs to me to ask which icon is supposed to be associated with "Locked". Since red words ("locked") show up, I thought the icon for locked should be the red one with vertical door lock indicator. The black/grey one would be for unlocked. If I am right - then mine are backwards as I indicated. If I am wrong - then my-bad and the icons are right (though I might argue opposite of what I find intuitive).

I was pretty sure it started out with the red icon as locked - which is the way I think it should be - somehow they got switched.
dirgler

Postby AdminWes » Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:17 am

Hi dirgler,

How you describe it is correct. That's the way the icons are setup. Something on our to-do list is to offer an "icon reverse" option to flip the icons around based on status so that you can line up the status how you see fit.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby dirgler » Wed Feb 25, 2015 5:43 pm

Getting used to "red=unlocked" now. I understand why. I also notice that when my zwave controller cannot contact my door lock, the icon background turns color. This was a good surprise that I didn't expect.

Is there an icon list anywhere for icons that are used in the today screen?
dirgler

Postby AdminWes » Thu Feb 26, 2015 7:01 am

If you go under the device details in MobiLinc and scroll down to "Advanced Options" you can change the icon under "Selected ICON". Changes here apply to the device in the app and on the TodayView.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Return to New Features for MobiLinc HD