Changing ELK Output name causes output to disappear

Post your MobiLinc comments and feedback here.

Changing ELK Output name causes output to disappear

Postby SMSE » Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:02 pm

Hi all:

I have an ELK M1G Panel and ISY-994i Home Automation system. The ELK is connected to the network via M1XEP.

I also have the Mobilinc HD with the ELK module.

I want to control the ELK Outputs 007-016 (12 Vdc @ 50 mA) using my Mobilinc on iPhone 5S.

when I checked the "Show" box in the ELKRP software, and did a "Refresh Topology" in the ISY Administrative Console, The Outputs showed up in both the ISY Administrative Console and the Mobilinc HD (Outputs List). I was able to control the Outputs via Mobilinc - Excellent!!!

However, I decided to change "Output 07" to "Relay One" in the ELKRP software which went ok. I then did a "Refresh Topology" in the ISY Administrative Console and the Updated Name showed up in the ISY Output List. However, It did not show up in Mobilinc - in fact, "Output 07" disappeared from the Outputs List altogether.

Am I doing something wrong? Perhaps changing the name from "Output 07" to something else to better identify it is not allowed?

Can someone help me to clear this up. Thanks
SMSE

Re: Changing ELK Output name causes output to disappear

Postby AdminWes » Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:43 am

Hi SMSE,

Renaming the output is OK. This list is sorted A-Z, so, have you tried scrolling all the way to the bottom to find your new Output name?

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby SMSE » Sun Apr 20, 2014 10:15 pm

Thank you...

I renamed the Outputs "Relay 001" thru "Relay 010", and, after Refreshing Topology, Found them at the bottom of the Outputs List.

I then tried renaming the Outputs to "_Relay 001" thru "_Relay 010" (thinking that the _ would move them to the top of the list), but they remained at the bottom.

Renaming them to "A_RLY 001" thru "A_RLY 010" moved them to the top of the List. AOK

Thanks...
SMSE

Postby AdminWes » Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:28 am

Sure thing!

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Return to MobiLinc Feedback and Comments