DSC

Post your MobiLinc comments and feedback here.

Re: DSC

Postby rjbur » Tue Dec 24, 2013 10:39 am

Well that's disappointing. I was reading that it was in the plans and it's now Dec 2013. Also why would I buy an Elk Alarm system with redundant home automation capability when I have an ISY994i?

Now I have to change my plans and go back to Homeseer where I can design my own iPhone and iPad panel using their HSTouch software and move all my ISY994i control over there with the plugin and drop MobiLinc. Why would I want two apps or bandaid a solution with the favorites screen. I want to see the status of all my alarm sensors like the Elk solution.
rjbur

Postby ssingh1234 » Thu Jan 30, 2014 12:19 pm

Hi Wes, it would be great to support the DSC through Mobilinc rather than through the ISY. I have the IP module and use an app called the DSC alarm monitor and it works great - it doesn't look great but it does work. Eyezon also has a web based version which works however too slow. The GUI on these options is nothing compared to what Mobilinc provides. I'm sure there are APIs that these apps use to connect with the DSC alarm as an extension of a keypad.

I'd much rather prefer to consolidate everything into 1 app rather than multiple. Also can't wait for the NEST api to be released to developers so that could be added to Mobilinc as well.
ssingh1234

Postby AdminWes » Sat Feb 01, 2014 3:34 pm

Thanks ssingh1234,

We're always looking for additional items to add to MobiLinc. We've been tied up with the iOS 7 and UI updates for MobiLinc, but after we get these out the door, we'll be evaluating what to do next.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Re: DSC Alexor

Postby Sandslapper » Thu Mar 13, 2014 5:50 am

Are there Any plans to include DSC's Alexor I'm the list on security systems one can control using MobiLinc HD?
Sandslapper

Postby Scyto » Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:52 pm

I would pay for a nice DSC module the Envisalink API is available here http://forum.eyez-on.com/FORUM/viewtopi ... 3037cf387d
Scyto

Postby imaginis » Mon Oct 27, 2014 7:59 am

Hey folks,
I'm building a house, which will be ready in April, and I'm trying to decide on security and automation solutions.

For automation, I think I've settled on Insteon with the ISY module, with Mobilinc HD running on iPads flush-mounted in walls.

For security, I'm looking at the new DCS PowerSeries Neo. I read previously in threads (maybe this one), that there isn't an actual interface yet, but you can create network resources to arm/disarm the system and then set favorites in Mobilinc.

Can someone post some pics of their Mobilinc screens that control their DSC alarm? If it's easier to email, shoot them to efloyd@gmail.com.

Thanks!
imaginis

Postby imaginis » Mon Mar 16, 2015 6:36 am

Can anyone that uses Mobilinc+ISY to arm/disarm their DSC give me an idea of what the process looks like, or send me some screenshots? I can PM you my gmail address.

I move into the new house in Apr, and I'm trying to decide if I'm going to keep my new DSC 1832 panel that I ordered, or transfer over an existing 2GIG system.

With the ISY+Mobilin+DSC+Insteon Switches, here's what I'm looking to do:

- When I unlock my deadbolt using the Kwikset Zwave deadbolt, I'd like for my ISY (Zwave&Insteon version) to disarm the DSC and active a scene for lighting.

- Is there a way to use the Geofence in the MObilinc app, so that it unlocks the door, disarms the DSC and activates an Insteon lighting scene?

I still have to order my DSC sensors, keypads, EyezON board, and I'm trying to figure out if the limited DSC integration is worth it.
imaginis

Postby Jimbo » Mon Mar 16, 2015 7:06 pm

For linking the ISY to DSC you should check in the UDI forum for DSCLink http://forum.universal-devices.com/inde ... entry33929

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
Jimbo

Postby AdminWes » Tue Mar 17, 2015 6:34 am

Hi imaginis,

- Is there a way to use the Geofence in the MObilinc app, so that it unlocks the door, disarms the DSC and activates an Insteon lighting scene?

Yes! The geofence option in MobiLinc is setting a variable in your ISY to 0 or 1 based on if the iOS device is inside or outside of your region. You can take that variable and use it as a program trigger to do anything you want in your ISY.

So, if the variable is set to a 1 (arrived home), the ISY would fire off the network resource commands to your DSC, unlock the door, and turns on/off any lights you'd like connected to this event.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Previous

Return to MobiLinc Feedback and Comments