Ah, ok. That helps. I think there is some mis-communication on the UDI forum then.
In looking at the MobiLinc code this morning, MobiLinc does support the Barrier type, but that "uom" number is new to me. I've taken a stab at adding it, but in order to test to confirm I need to connect to your ISY to test.
I realize this isn't a simple switch with no consequences turning it on or off, but I really do need to test this against a the real device otherwise we'll all waste a lot of time and energy on an app release that might not work for you.
Please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
with some times over the next couple of days where you can be at home as I run through a couple of tests on your device to confirm that what I've changed will work for you.