Thermostat Setpoints Up/Down

Post your MobiLinc comments and feedback here.

Thermostat Setpoints Up/Down

Postby andyf0 » Sun Oct 16, 2011 8:32 am

When I use the ISY to increase/decrease the thermostat set points (in Auto Mode) both the Heat setting and Cool Setting increases/decreases. I think this is how it should be.

But in Mobilinc Pushing the up or down arrow only increases/decreases the Cool setting.

Is this the way it's supposed to be? How would I increase/decrease the Heat setting without switching it out of Auto mode?
andyf0

Re: Thermostat Setpoints Up/Down

Postby AdminWes » Sun Oct 16, 2011 11:36 am

Hi Andy,

We took the approach of how setpoints work on a real thermostat. If you adjust the setpoint, you are adjusting just the Cool or Heat setpoint, not both together.

To do this in MobiLinc, just tap the area of the thermostat where the two setpoints are listed in Auto Mode. If you tap here, MobiLinc will switch the Cool for the Heat setpoint and now you can individually adjust the heat setpoint. Tap the heat setpoint and now you can adjust the cool setpoint. Remember to wait a couple of seconds for MobiLinc to issue the setpoint command back to the thermostat before changing the next thermostat setting.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Re: Thermostat Setpoints Up/Down

Postby andyf0 » Sun Oct 16, 2011 12:41 pm

AdminWes wrote:Hi Andy,

We took the approach of how setpoints work on a real thermostat. If you adjust the setpoint, you are adjusting just the Cool or Heat setpoint, not both together.

To do this in MobiLinc, just tap the area of the thermostat where the two setpoints are listed in Auto Mode. If you tap here, MobiLinc will switch the Cool for the Heat setpoint and now you can individually adjust the heat setpoint. Tap the heat setpoint and now you can adjust the cool setpoint. Remember to wait a couple of seconds for MobiLinc to issue the setpoint command back to the thermostat before changing the next thermostat setting.

Wes

This is not actually true if in auto change over mode where the cool comes on if it's too hot and the heat comes on if it's too cold. Both set points are displayed and adjust up and down in this mode.

I suppose there are places in the States where you only ever use heating only or cooling only but I find thermostats that have to be manually switched between heating and cooling to be quite 20th century.

After playing with it some after your explanation I do find the implementation to be quite acceptable though.
andyf0

Return to MobiLinc Feedback and Comments