Can't set thermostat scene

Post your MobiLinc comments and feedback here.

Can't set thermostat scene

Postby andyf0 » Sat Dec 17, 2011 11:11 am

Wes, I have several scenes for the thermostat for different set points and an OFF scene to turn the thermostat off. On the ISY I can go to the scene and set it on and it sends the set points and mode to the thermostat. In MobiLinc when I push ON on the scene I get an error "Bad Message" ISY failed to process the request. Please try again.

I can adjust the set points manually on the thermostat screen.

I think this may be because you don't allow access to a thermostat anywhere except the thermostat screen. It sure would be useful to be able to control a scene with just the thermostat node in it though.
andyf0

Re: Can't set thermostat scene

Postby AdminWes » Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:45 am

Hi Andy,

I just tried it here to confirm, and MobiLinc can control thermostat only scenes without issues. I've seen this error message before if MobiLinc has an old scene ID that no longer matches the current scene ID for that scene that the ISY now has assigned. This is all under the hood stuff. Try this, to make sure that everything is synced up, in MobiLinc go to My Settings->Lighting Controller->Sync. Select the "Update Only" option and MobiLinc will then re-download all the information from the ISY. Please wait till the spinning indicator has stopped and try the turning that scene on again.

Also, please verify that the Admin Console can control that scene just fine as well.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby andyf0 » Sun Dec 18, 2011 1:34 pm

Thanks Wes, that fixed it.
andyf0

Postby AdminWes » Sun Dec 18, 2011 7:58 pm

Very good. Glad to hear it's working again.

If you have Auto-Sync via Wi-Fi turned on under My Settings->Lighting Controller each time you start MobiLinc, MobiLinc will sync up all these under the hood changes. Depending on the size of your setup and the speed of your device it can take 30-60 seconds to get all the settings downloaded from the ISY. If Auto-Sync is turned off then you'll want to manually sync each time you make changes to your configuration to keep the two in sync.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby andyf0 » Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:15 am

I did wonder what those settings are for. I have WiFi and Cellular checked.
andyf0

Postby AdminWes » Mon Dec 19, 2011 2:26 pm

Hi Andy,

Unless you are making frequent changes and want the very latest over cellular, my recommendation would be to only Auto-Sync over Wi-Fi. You can over 3G as well, but it does take quite a bit longer to transfer the data (again, depending on your network size).

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Return to MobiLinc Feedback and Comments