Program Enabled Status

Post your MobiLinc comments and feedback here.

Program Enabled Status

Postby andyf0 » Sun Mar 11, 2012 7:18 am

I'm reluctant to bring this up because I don't have a handle on the issue yet. It's a little complicated but I'll try to explain.

I have a master thermostat hooked up to the HVAC. I also have a remote thermostat in the bedroom that is hooked to nothing, only power. During the day the master thermostat controls the HVAC like any normal thermostat. I have one ISY program (LRFanAuto) that will turn the living room fan on and off as the heat comes on and off. The remote thermostat is set to OFF.

When I go to bed at night a program turns OFF the main thermostat and sets Cool to 60 and Heat to 90. It also disables LRFanAuto. That same program turns the remote thermostat to AUTO 82,72 and enables 4 programs. One to handle the remote thermostat HEAT requests, one for COOL requests, one to handle the bedroom ceiling fan with Heat On & Off and another failsafe program in case a command is missed. The remote HEAT and COOL programs turn on the main thermostat HEAT or COOL modes until the remote thermostat reaches its set point at which point the main thermostat is set to OFF again.

When I wakeup another program turns the remote thermostat OFF and the main thermostat ON. It disables the 4 programs associated with the remote thermostat and enables the one program handling the main thermostat.

The point of all this is that in the morning when I check the status of the programs in the ISY they show their enabled / disabled status correctly, but MobiLinc HD on the iPad shows the programs in their state from when I went to bed. They do not reflect the current enable status after the wakeup program has disabled remote programs and enabled the main program. As far as I can tell the iPhone with the iPhone interface does not have this problem. I tried a Sync to ISY with Update Only which doesn't help. What does fix it is a cold start of MobiLinc.

I can't reproduce this on demand. If I simulate going to bed and waking up it seems to work. I usually sleep the iPad with the thermostat page showing but it seems to take overnight for this to happen.

If I find any more information I'll update.
andyf0

Re: Program Enabled Status

Postby AdminWes » Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:07 am

Hi Andy,

It sounds like the root of the issue is you are not seeing the Program status get updated when the iPad comes out of sleep.

1. To quickly test this start MobiLinc HD on the iPad and look at your programs and verify you have all the current status.
2. Close MobiLinc and run a program from your iPhone or Admin Console.
3. Start MobiLinc HD and navigate to My Programs. You'll know when MobiLinc HD has receive all the program status when MobiLinc HD refreshes the program view (if you are on My Programs).
4. Check to see if the new program status arrived in MobiLinc HD.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby andyf0 » Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:19 am

Like I said, I haven't been able to force this to happen under all circumstances. It's almost like there has to be a long delay (overnight) before this will happen.

I have already tried your suggestion but no repro. I will watch this each morning over the next few days to see if it is consistant. Don't suppose a date change could stop MobiLinc from getting program status right?
andyf0

Postby AdminWes » Sun Mar 11, 2012 1:53 pm

Hi Andy,

Thanks. I can't think of a reason why a date change would have anything to do with gettings program status. That code path to get status is oblivious to time or date.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby andyf0 » Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:04 pm

Happened again this morning. Had to close ML and restart it to get program enable/disable status' updated. Not to worry though, I've re-written the code to use folder enable/disable instead of program enable/disable. Works the same and may be better since I think enabling / disabling programs causes writes to the SD card. I prefer to optimize where I can.
andyf0

Postby AdminWes » Wed Mar 14, 2012 5:52 am

Hi Andy,

This is a strange one. With your program change you can monitor the folder "Active" indicators in MobiLinc. Let me know if you notice the same behavior here as well mismatching the Admin Console Active indicator.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby andyf0 » Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:14 am

Well I did see the problem with the Active / Inactive folders last night. Pressed my button that tells the system I'm going to sleep and the Active / Inactive folders didn't switch over. In fact one of the programs that should have been in an Inactive folder was "Running Then" which is weird since there's no waits in it. Again, iPhone was good, a complete re-start of the iPad HD MobiLinc program fixed up the problem.

Most of the time the iPad sleeps with MobiLinc running and on screen with thermostats displayed.

No problem this morning when my 5:00am program ran and switched the folders back. Still watching this each night and day. Is it possible that sometimes the ISY isn't offering up "all" it's information?
andyf0

Postby AdminWes » Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:25 am

Hi Andy,

Thanks for being persistent! The good news is I was able to dig in and find a way to reliably reproduce the problem and the fix the issue. We have an update going through the Apple process now to fix the Fast ON/OFF issue as well as a minor SmartLinc bug we found.

Our next planned release is to support the retina display for the new iPad. This program fix will be included in that release.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby andyf0 » Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:44 pm

No Way! That's great. I really didn't think I'd see a fix for this since I didn't have a way to reproduce it for you and maybe what I was doing was a little out of the mainstream.

Thanks Wes.
andyf0

Postby AdminWes » Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:07 pm

Hi Andy, no problem. It turns out to be a corner case problem, but would affect multiple folks under certain conditions if they pay attention to the fine details like this. Best to get a fix in the pipeline.

Thanks for the report.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Return to MobiLinc Feedback and Comments