Scene Shortcuts off iOS App Screen?

Post your MobiLinc comments and feedback here.

Scene Shortcuts off iOS App Screen?

Postby chilli_pepper » Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:33 pm

Is it possible to have a 'super' favorite scene as a shortcuts off an iPhone or iPad screen of apps? Here is the scenario:

You arrive at home, unlock your iPhone or iPad, click an "I'm Home" shortcut icon off the same screen as your other apps, and it executes.

This eliminates (or automates) having to open Mobilinc, navigating to the correct screen, then clicking an icon or selecting an appropriate command.

Safari offers this for web pages. I have a favorite ice cream parlor that has their flavor of the day web page...and it gets lots of use. If I had to go through Safari every time I was interested in what the flavor of the day was...I'd be a couple pounds lighter. Having a button like this with Mobilinc would open up some cool automation scenarios that would work for those with the attention span of a 1 button click :-)

--C
chilli_pepper

Re: Scene Shortcuts off iOS App Screen?

Postby AdminWes » Mon Mar 12, 2012 5:15 pm

That's a good idea and I'm waiting to see what Apple does with their new pull-down task/notification window to accomplish something like this.

My hope is that Apple will open up their widget logic to 3rd party dev so that we can write widgets for iOS devices. The idea is that you could pull this down and issue direct scene, device, and program commands without having to open MobiLinc.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Re: Scene Shortcuts off iOS App Screen?

Postby andyf0 » Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:06 pm

chilli_pepper wrote:Is it possible to have a 'super' favorite scene as a shortcuts off an iPhone or iPad screen of apps? Here is the scenario:

You arrive at home, unlock your iPhone or iPad, click an "I'm Home" shortcut icon off the same screen as your other apps, and it executes.

This eliminates (or automates) having to open Mobilinc, navigating to the correct screen, then clicking an icon or selecting an appropriate command.

Safari offers this for web pages. I have a favorite ice cream parlor that has their flavor of the day web page...and it gets lots of use. If I had to go through Safari every time I was interested in what the flavor of the day was...I'd be a couple pounds lighter. Having a button like this with Mobilinc would open up some cool automation scenarios that would work for those with the attention span of a 1 button click :-)

--C

I have to say, that is not a stupid idea. :)
andyf0

Return to MobiLinc Feedback and Comments