Sometimes Network Error

Post your MobiLinc comments and feedback here.

Sometimes Network Error

Postby andyf0 » Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:58 am

Wes,

If I'm looking at a device status on my iPhone and it changes, sometimes I get a Network Error. Tapping on Retry and the status is updated immediately like it already knew the new status.

Had 4 or 5 bars (on 3G) when this happens so I don't think it's a bad or low signal.

Think this only happens on 3G since I've never seen it on my iPad. Could this be a borderline timeout value?
andyf0

Re: Sometimes Network Error

Postby AdminWes » Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:23 am

Hi Andy,

It sounds like the subscription channel to the ISY timed out on start up. Without knowing all the details, my guess is that the last time MobiLinc was used it had all your current status. MobiLinc was then put into background mode and started up again on a cellular connection.

When MobiLinc starts back up you you'll see all the status values from the last session for a few seconds until MobiLinc can establish a connection to the ISY to update itself with the current values. If this takes a long time to establish, MobiLinc will timeout with the message you saw. Tapping Retry tries again to establish the connection to the ISY.

Somethings else to look at is to disable the Auto-Sync option under My Settings->Lighting Controller for Cellular connections. This will limit MobiLinc to download only what's necessary to retrieve status and won't attempt to download all your devices and other non-status settings.

When this happens is there any kind of use pattern you've observed? Such as, phone was asleep just prior to launching MobiLinc?

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Return to MobiLinc Feedback and Comments