ISY Beta 3.2.3

Post your MobiLinc comments and feedback here.

ISY Beta 3.2.3

Postby andyf0 » Fri Apr 06, 2012 2:59 pm

Hope I'm not posting prematurely but MobilLinc doesn't seem able to sync with ISY running 3.2.3. It just sits there attempting to connect for a long time then errors out. iPhone & iPad.
andyf0

Re: ISY Beta 3.2.3

Postby AdminWes » Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:44 pm

Hi Andy,

We haven't tried the new beta firmware yet. The last report we got indicated that 3.2.2 was working fine. In looking at the release notes for 3.2.3 it looks like a minor bug fix upgrade to specific issues, there isn't anything obvious in the changes that would cause MobiLinc any problems.

After the ISY rebooted did it happen to grab a new IP address?
What is the exact error that MobiLinc is displaying?

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby andyf0 » Sat Apr 07, 2012 3:03 am

The iPad synch'd OK this morning, the iPhone still won't. ISY is on a static IP like everything is in the house.

The problem was I deleted a RemoteLinc yesterday. It was in a folder. The ISY beta has a bug that won't let you do a right click on folders under the Main tab, so I can't delete the folder.

MobilLinc still shows nodes of the deleted RemoteLinc in the folder (??), even though there's nothing in Admin Console inside the folder. I was trying to sync (Update Only) to the ISY and it would either hang on Retrieving Configuration or give me a network error asking to Retry, Stop, Go to Settings. A sync (Download All) does the same.

My iPhone is still stuck on Retrieving Configuration as I typed this post. Ah! It just gave up (no error). UUID shows SYNCHING.

The iPad is working fine now, the empty folder doesn't show, no ghost devices, it just synched again fine. I think it's the phantom RL nodes thats upsetting the iPhone.

Edit: I see UDI has fixed the problem not being able to delete the folder, in the next release. I'll wait until I get that, Monday or Tuesday and post back when I've deleted the folder.
andyf0

Postby AdminWes » Sat Apr 07, 2012 3:37 pm

Interesting. If the iPad can sync and not the iPhone there maybe a different issue with the iPhone. The sync code is identical in both apps so I'd expect it to work on both.

On the iPhone try creating a new profile and see if MobiLinc auto-finds and is able to sync locally to the 3.2.3 ISY. I had a report from anther user saying they had no issues with 3.2.3. So either the folder delete bug is causing an issue, or there is an unrelated cause affecting the iPhone.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby andyf0 » Sun Apr 08, 2012 7:58 am

iPhone now working. I checked it and while all the device status was blank, the ghost RL devices were gone and the empty folder was not shown. I was able to then re-sync and everything is working.
andyf0

Postby AdminWes » Sun Apr 08, 2012 1:42 pm

That's good. Any idea what changed to get the sync to go through?
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby andyf0 » Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:47 am

I'm only hypothosizing here (what, no spell check?) but what allowed it to sync was the fact that the ghost RL nodes were no longer showing.

Now, how did they get there? It's possible I had ML running on the phone or iPad as I was deleting them so it was receiving the updates from ISY. Maybe ML got shutdown in the middle of the delete? I don't know.
andyf0

Return to MobiLinc Feedback and Comments