Icons do not show scene status

Post your MobiLinc comments and feedback here.

Icons do not show scene status

Postby mikewu99 » Sat May 05, 2012 8:21 pm

I access two different ISYs. On one I have thermostat scenes which also have KPL buttons as controllers. In this profile when I turn on one thermostat scene the icon status changes to "on" - on the iPad text at the top of the paddle switch icon of the activated scene says "on"; on the iPhone the icon itself changes to one which is clearly on (toggle switch moves to up position and lights up). The icon for the previously active scene similarly displays the "off" state.

On the other ISY the thermostat scenes do not have any controller other that the ISY. The icons do not display the scene state. I tried adding ControlLinc buttons as controllers, but still no icon changes. It would be nice if the scene icons could reflect the scene state regardless of what physical controllers are in the scene.
mikewu99

Re: Icons do not show scene status

Postby AdminWes » Sun May 06, 2012 9:24 am

I believe the problem is that MobiLinc currently doesn't see the thermostat device as members of the scene. This is on our list of items to fix, but does require some internal work to make it correct. As a result, MobiLinc is looking at other controllers/responders in the scene to derive scene status.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby mikewu99 » Sun May 06, 2012 12:11 pm

I wondered why the thermostats did not show up under "Devices in Scene"...

FWIW I added ControlLinc buttons as controllers to two of the scenes and they do not show up under "Devices in Scene" either...
mikewu99

Postby AdminWes » Mon May 07, 2012 6:35 am

Thanks. We'll investigate this with the Thermostat in scene fix as well.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Return to MobiLinc Feedback and Comments