Touchscreen with ISY integration

Post your MobiLinc comments and feedback here.

Touchscreen with ISY integration

Postby Fredo » Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:17 am

I currently use my iPad to run MobiLinc HD to control lights through my ISY-99i. I would like to get multiple touchscreens of some kind that I could put around the house so that I would not have to go looking for my iPad when I want to turn lights off at night. For lack of other options, I was thinking of using an older model iPod Touch (costing much less that the newer models) so that I could buy several to place around the house for convenience. Would I need to get an iPod that used the latest iOS to run the latest MobiLinc version? If I bought an older version iPod Touch, would it soon become obsolete as far as running the latest MobiLinc? I presume I could buy one with the least amount of memory, since I would only be running MobiLinc. Are there alternatives other than buying several iPad's (way too expensive)?
Fredo

Re: Touchscreen with ISY integration

Postby AdminWes » Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:18 am

Hi Fredo,

This is a very good question.

The next update coming out here very soon will support the iPhone5 and as a result iOS 3 and iOS 4 support will be dropped in this very next release. If you have an old iOs3/4 device and a current backup of MobiLinc through iTunes, that will continue to work, however, you will not be able to update to any future version of MobiLinc.

When picking up an iPod Touch, it must be able to run iOS 5 at a minimum to stay compatible with MobiLinc moving forward.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby jiuer7845 » Mon Oct 24, 2022 5:31 pm

jiuer7845

Postby jiuer7845 » Mon Oct 24, 2022 6:50 pm

jiuer7845

Return to MobiLinc Feedback and Comments