ControLinc 2430

Post your MobiLinc comments and feedback here.

ControLinc 2430

Postby Fredo » Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:07 pm

I am using MobiLinc HD on my iPad and it is working very well except one issue. If I turn on/off any of my Insteon devices throughout my home using MobiLinc HD, everything works fine but if I use my ControLinc 2430 to turn one of my insteon devices OFF, my MobiLinc HD continues to show the device as being on. Likewise, if I turn a device ON, my MobiLinc HD shows the device as being off. Is this a MobiLinc issue or an Insteon issue? Your advice would be appreciated.
Fredo

Re: ControLinc 2430

Postby AdminWes » Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:59 pm

Hi Fredo,

What does the Admin Console do under this scenario?

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby Fredo » Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:18 pm

MobiLinc and Admin Console act the same. Using MobiLinc or Admin Console to turn off/on either Insteon or X-10 devices shows correct status. If, on the other hand, I control any device using ControLinc 2430, neither MobiLinc nor Admin Console show the correct status. Any of the controllers (MobiLinc, Admin Console or ControLinc) all turn any of the devices off/on without a problem, just the status is not correct when using ControLinc.
Fredo

Postby AdminWes » Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:42 am

Hi Fredo,

If Admin Console and MobiLinc act the same (That's expected) then the ISY isn't hearing the device status change. I'd look at INSTEON signal quality. You might need to boost the INSTEON signal with an Access Point or find the root cause of the status failing to reach the PLM of the ISY.

Also, it sounds like the ControlLinc is directly controlling the device. I'd add this to the ISY and allow the ISY to take the control action when you use the ControlLinc instead of doing it directly to the remote device. This should also help to keep everything in sync.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby Fredo » Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:25 am

Thanks for the info Wes. Yes, I am sure the ControLinc is controlling the devices directly. I had the ControLinc long before I had the ISY-99 and have not added the controLinc to my ISY. Didnt even think I should (could) set the ControLinc up that way. How do I add the ControLinc to my ISY? Do I need to do anything to the ControLinc to change it from a controller to a responder (not really a responder is it)?
Fredo

Postby AdminWes » Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:31 am

To add a ControlLinc go to the "Link Management" menu option in the Admin Console.

All CL button additions to a scene will be made as a controller.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby kc10brain » Sat Nov 12, 2016 11:51 pm

So a couple of questions, I finally figured out how to add the Controlinc, but the All ON/All OFF buttons don't get added? I only get five buttons added and they appear to be the top row only.

Can we actually use the "all off". I have a pretty large system and don't want to have to add all of the lights one by one to the "all off". When I started out 7 years ago with five switches it wasn't a big deal. Now the entire house is finished and it is a lot of switches.

Thank you
kc10brain

Postby AdminWes » Sun Nov 13, 2016 12:05 pm

Hi kc10brain,

Do these buttons appear in the Admin Console? I don't have a ControlLinc to test with or to confirm what buttons the Admin Console adds and which ones don't show up. If the Admin Console isn't showing buttons from the ControlLinc, I would reach out to UDI Support: support@universal-devices.com for assistance.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Return to MobiLinc Feedback and Comments