iPad Device Icons Not Visually Intuitive

Post your MobiLinc comments and feedback here.

iPad Device Icons Not Visually Intuitive

Postby BriG » Tue May 07, 2013 10:46 am

The way devices and scenes are presented on the iPad screen is not intuitive and difficult to quickly see. I went through and created icons for every device and scene. But, they do not appear anywhere on the iPad like they do on the iPhone. This is a big deal, because the iPad screen shows a bunch of pretty switch pictures with no useful visual information about state. The iPhone representation smokes it.

Additionally, all of the pictures are SwitchLincs and I have ToggleLinc. Just from an aesthetics, I would much prefer seeing the devices that I have in my home.
BriG

Re: iPad Device Icons Not Visually Intuitive

Postby AdminWes » Tue May 07, 2013 11:39 am

Hi BriG,

The iPad view has a specific design goal with the real-world switches. Status for your devices and scenes is found above the switch or shown in the LED lights along side of the switch (% on).

Understood about ToggleLincs vs. SwitchLincs for viewing. We've got this on our to-do list to add.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby vijosoco » Thu May 30, 2013 4:32 pm

I would personally like the option to switch from the switch look and feel to a list of devices and scenes etc like the iphone version. With the extra iPad screen real estate you could see a 2 or 3 column view - with icons and state etc. Again, like the iPhone version.

I would also like to see the iPad home screen have some additional utility. I dont use the touchnote feature so that screen goes largely unused. Perhaps the ability to start at the home page of another STARTUP page (like Favorites or Cameras ) would be good - once more like the iphone version. Unless I am missing something I cannot determine how to do that on the iPad.

By the way using MOBILINC HD on both ipad and iphone.

Thanks... love the product, a big fan!
vijosoco

Postby AdminWes » Thu May 30, 2013 7:27 pm

Hi vijosoco,

Understood about icon control. We're evaluating how best to approach this while still staying inside of MobiLinc HD.

We didn't port over the startup page on the iPad. There hasn't been much (really no) demand for it. If others chime in, we'll bump it up in priority.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby kaphely » Fri Jul 12, 2013 4:11 am

I would agree with vijosoco about being able to start the app with something like Favorites or devices instead of an empty screen as I also do not use the touchnote feature.
kaphely

Return to MobiLinc Feedback and Comments