Ip cam plugin potential bug

Post your MobiLinc comments and feedback here.

Ip cam plugin potential bug

Postby kaphely » Sat Mar 15, 2014 7:47 pm

Hi I have been using the ip camera plugin for a while. Love it. But since the 4.0 release I notice a problem on both the iPad and iPhone app. My Eyeonet (same as Dahua) camera is is not showed properly when I see the multiple camera page, if I only look at that camera only, it is fine, but when I see 4 or 12 on the iPad, or multiple cams on the iPhone, the image of my Eyeonet camera is displayed, then the mobilinc logo appears, then it is displayed, then the logo again, and this goes on forever. My two linksys cams are working fine in multiple cams view so the bug seems related only to that camera type/resolution. It had always been working fine with pre 4.0 releases.

Can you take a look at this?
Thanks.
kaphely

Re: Ip cam plugin potential bug

Postby AdminWes » Sun Mar 16, 2014 12:48 pm

Hi kaphely,

Can you delete and recreate these camera's in MobiLinc?

Are you able to use JPEG/MJPEG/RTSP profiles? If not all work, please make sure to disable the streaming options that you do not use during the MobiLinc setup by selecting "DO NOT USE" for the the specific streaming profile page setup (JPEG/MJPEG/RTSP).

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby kaphely » Sun Mar 16, 2014 1:39 pm

I tried deleting and recreating and same thing. My camera is RTSP only and when I choose Eyeonet, there are three available profiles. All three do it. If I use Dahua instead (because my Eyeonet cam is essentially a rebranded Dahua cam) I get two profiles and they both do it.
My cam resolution is set to 704x480 30 frames, 2048 kbps VBR.

Do you want me to send you a video of what it does or some snapshots?

Thank you
kaphely

Postby AdminWes » Sun Mar 16, 2014 5:48 pm

Hi kaphely,

A screenshot won't help, I would need to see it in our lab in order to understand what's happening with this model.

Can you send me your external IP address, port, and a username/password to one of your camera's that is exhibiting the problem? Please send to support@mobilinc.com and I'll be happy to take a look.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby kaphely » Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:42 am

OK, my cams are not usually accessible from outside so I'll set up a port forward and send you an email when I get time to do it.
Thank you.
kaphely

Postby kaphely » Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:15 am

Hi Wes, I tried to have my problematic cam accessible from outside my network, but for some reason Mobilinc will not properly connect to it. I forwarded ports 554 and 37777 (cam's alternate http port) and although I can easily access my cam with another app (dahua's iPhone app iDMSS Plus), I can't connect to it via mobilinc using the exact same settings I use when I am on my local network. So it seems my port forwarding is fine but for some reason Mobilinc still has a hard time to connect. I see a log in my Camera that Mobilinc has connected using the user name I created for that purpose, but it doesn't show any image.

So is Mobilinc using other ports that I should forward? tcp, udp?

Thanks
kaphely

Postby AdminWes » Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:26 am

Hi kaphely,

I would need to connect from the lab to see what's happening. Can you send me your external IP/Port and a username/password to connect to your camera? Please send to support@mobilinc.com and I'll be happy to take a look.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby kaphely » Mon Mar 24, 2014 12:08 pm

Do you only need the RTSP port to be forwarded to the camera?
kaphely

Postby AdminWes » Mon Mar 24, 2014 12:27 pm

It depends. Sometimes the camera needs the RTP ports forwarded as well.

If the camera supports JPEG/MJPEG then the HTTP port needs to be forwarded in addition to the RTSP port.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby kaphely » Sat Apr 05, 2014 7:29 pm

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU,

Just downloaded the latest update for Mobilinc HD and was excited to find out that the change log had improvements for RTSP only cams in multi cam view. And was even more excited when I discovered it solved my problem on both my iPhone and iPad!
So thank you for your dedication and hard work for fixing this issue. I hope my report and my explanations helped you to find the fix. Was I the only one reporting this issue?

And for those reading this and asking themselves if Mobilinc is worth it, well it totally is just because of the awesome support we get from the developers!

So thank you Wes!
kaphely

Next

Return to MobiLinc Feedback and Comments