Wrong Keypadlinc Graphic

Post your MobiLinc comments and feedback here.

Wrong Keypadlinc Graphic

Postby jday » Sun Jun 15, 2014 7:13 am

I converted an 8-button KeypadLinc (2486D) to a 6-button configuration for use with a FanLinc. I set it up and programmed it using the ISY and the KPL controls the FanLinc just fine. However, the icon/graphic for the KPL in MobiLinc HD still shows an 8-button KPL which, of course, does not match the actual buttons. In the ISY when setting this up, the list of devices does give me the option to select "(2486D) KeypadLinc Dimmer 6 Buttons" which is what I selected. The ISY then shows the correct number of buttons. It is just that MobiLinc HD still thinks it's an 8-button KPL.

I have other FanLinc/KeypadLinc combinations in my house that use the 2487S Dual Band KeypadLinc Relay that came as a 6-button KPL (not converted from 8-button) and their graphic/icon shows a proper 6-button KPL in MobiLinc HD. It's only the one I converted from 8-button that doesn't work properly. Do you have any idea how to correct this? Thank you.
jday

Re: Wrong Keypadlinc Graphic

Postby AdminWes » Sun Jun 15, 2014 12:29 pm

Hi jday,

Can you send me a screenshot of the ISY's Admin Console when you have your 8 Button (now a 6 button) device selected in the Admin Console? What I'm looking for is the device type that the ISY's Admin Console is reporting for the device just under the device name at the top of the screen.

Can you send this to support@mobilinc.com?

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Re: Wrong Keypadlinc Graphic

Postby jday » Sun Jun 15, 2014 4:36 pm

Thanks Wes. I haven't taken a screenshot yet, but based on your recommendation, I looked at it. I was surprised that it shows "(2486D) KeypadLinc Dimmer 8 Buttons".

I hadn't noticed it because when setting it up, it gave me the option of selecting either "(2486D) KeypadLinc Dimmer 8 Buttons" or "(2486D) KeypadLinc Dimmer 6 Buttons" and I selected the latter. NOTE: I "selected" the 6-button option rather than let the software "Auto Discover" the device type. And, then when it installed, it listed the KPL and buttons A-D which is correct for a 6-button KPL. So, I guess it's an issue with the ISY software and not MobiLinc HD. I think I'll post the issue in the Universal Devices forum.
jday

Return to MobiLinc Feedback and Comments