$50?

Post your MobiLinc comments and feedback here.

$50?

Postby Kentinada » Sat Jun 04, 2011 5:45 am

I just put an ISY-99i in my house and was really looking forward to using my iPad2 as a controller. But $50 for the app? The most expensive ipad app I have purchased was $17 and that was an exceptional case. The iphone Pro version is $20 which I believe is expensive but what makes the ipad version worth 2.5 times that? You can't even test it because Apple has an all sales final policy. Help me know what I am getting and why it's worth $50.
Kentinada

Re: $50?

Postby andyf0 » Sun Jun 05, 2011 4:46 am

Did you see the screenshots? It's a totally different HD UI on the iPad.
andyf0

Re: $50?

Postby AdminWes » Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:27 am

Hi Kentinada,

One of our goals when writing MobiLinc HD was that it would not just be a Home Automation control app that you startup to use for a few seconds and then quit out. Our goal was to create something visually that you would be proud to wall mount or otherwise display in your home for you, your family, and your guests to be able to use. To that end the biggest feature is the real-device interaction that we created. Scenes, switches, and keypads all work just like the real switch or keypad you have in your home. For guests or family members that aren't into home automation, this interface allows anyone to be able to control your home automation setup while sill giving you the power to setup favorites and all other controls found in MobiLinc Pro.

While we understand that there aren't many general apps that are asking for a $49.99 price tag, in the home automation field for the iPad, we are priced about in the middle of the field.

I hope that this gave you and others reading the background info on MobiLinc HD, our goals, and we hope to win you over as a MobiLinc HD customer in the future. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to email me or respond in the forms.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Return to MobiLinc Feedback and Comments